• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Know of any places that have good selections at good prices?

I buy most of my ammo from Bass Pro in arundel mills, ok prices, and ok selection. they dont have much in the way of 12ga target loads and they dont have my Wolf MT in .22LR, mostly just game loads.

I have ordered from Cabelas a few times for my Wolf MT, decent prices and the shipping isnt too bad.

Locally, i havent found any good places, where do you all go?

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Usually at shows.....if you know what you're doing you can come out pretty well. BassPro does OK when it's on sales.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I really like the Georgia Arms stuff that we've been getting lately. 100% reliable in .45 and .223 so far.

VERY fair prices. We picked up a bunch at one of the Dulles shows earlier this year.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    While shopping at the last Dulles show, the gentleman working the GA table told us that they'll ship any $500 order for free. Makes it a MUCH better deal.

Heck we could go through $500 worth of ammo in one weekend.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    natchezss.com has some killer deals
    i can get CCI Blazer Brass 9mm 115gr FMJ for $5.25/box if i buy bulk (10 or more boxes). this is what i use for practice. it's as cheap as going to walmart to get WWB, except it's no where near as filthy.

i think i'm gonna start saving my brass so one day i can teach myself to reload and save even more money.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Amen on natchezss and CCI Blazer. I also thought about reloading 9mm Luger, but it's not really worthwhile when new factory ammo can be bought at around $12/100.

sidewinder

Jan 18, 2007
    ammoman.com. they are in N.J. and have free shipping. they used to do the Silverado gun shows here in Md.

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    "OPERATION LAMBO"
    :shocked2:

:lol:

You really should think about putting a Webpage together so you don't have to keep doing this. It also cuts down on people asking you every couple days if you carry something and prices. Just my thought.

Sometimes I have no idea what I need (want) and I impulse buy. When I see something, I might just need it at that moment. :innocent0

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ammoman.com. they are in N.J. and have free shipping. they used to do the Silverado gun shows here in Md.

Agreed, I've done business with them a lot and have always been pleased. I buy cases of FGMM .308s for students of our rifle classes and not only are they the cheapest around, but, if I can call them them in the AM with my order, I usually have my ammo the next afternoon. AFAIK, unless something has changed, the free shipping is for orders over $100.

ETA: If you are looking for inexpensive .308 milsurp, this site is kept updated well:
    http://rifle-company.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=431

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Id rather actually support the small town gun shop like Jim's OC Outdoors in Dundalk because the guys are great, very knowledgable(s/p?), and they actaully shoot guns! I went to Bass Pro and the guy behind the counter was worthless. He knew nothing about the guns, ammo, and optics. I've been there twice with questions and wasted my time. Countless times I've been to Bass Pro to find out they were sold out of the ammo I like. The guys either don't know what I'm asking for or have no idea when its comming in. OC on the other hand has answers and has the ammo i use. Sure Bass Pro is cheaper, but I save more money in gas bc I don't have to go there 3 or 4 times to be sold out. I considered buying bulk online and will keep some of the sites mentioned in mind.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I've been ordering from ammunitiontogo.com, their shipping costs (from TX) are a little high but not as bad as J&G sales.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I used to love Bass Pro for one type of ammo that they carried and no one else does.

It's the Spectrum PCA (Polymer Cased Ammo) in .223. Used to be $3.99 per box of 20 and shot great through my AR.

Since they haven't carried it in over a year.....well....

Anybody know where I can get this stuff?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    ammunitionstore.com , they don't always have everything in stock but what they do have is priced great, and a very good police/military discount on select calibers as well

AIMsurplus.com for 7.62x39, good prices and fair shipping

militarygunsupply.com, another one that doesn't always have everything but has excellent deals on what they do

Be careful with ammoman.com IMHO, he has good deals sometimes but can be high on some stuff as well, even considering his prices include shipping. Case in point, right now he wants $189 shipped for a case of Wolf 7.62x39, I think that's high. And $35 shipped for a pack of 60 rounds of GP11 Swiss 7.5. That's way high.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i'm a big fan of ammoman.com, Eric (aka The Ammoman) is a stand up guy when i've ordered from him. i shoot CCI/Speer Lawman training ammo through my .45. bought 1000 rounds last time around.

i ordered some .22lr of various flavors (tryin 5 more, for a total of 10 types, to see what my p22 likes) and some more .22-250 Remington from Natchez Shooters Supply, gonna see how they do...prices were pretty good and shipping wasnt ridiculous.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Natchezss.com has good prices and is decent when it comes to shipping
    ammunitiontogo.com sells a lot of gimmicky crap, but has good prices on most rounds and keeps winchester rangers in stock at a reasonable price.
    Ammunitionstore.com they have great sales pretty regularly
    sportsmansguide.com sometimes good deals can be found... however once I placed an order for something listed as in stock, the next day they told me it was back ordered, a month later they told me they had it back in stock but the price was higher than I had ordered it at, that is just not acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom