• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Only beans I like are in chili, simmered for hours, what can survive boiling rice unless there is something I missed?

Boiling them after storage doesn't prevent them from spoiling during storage due to contamination; it just makes the bacteria or mold more likely to be palatable. Tempeh for all!

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Government investigating massive counterfeit N95 mask scam

Federal authorities are investigating a massive counterfeit N95 mask operation in which fake 3M masks were sold in at least five states to hospitals, medical facilities and government agencies. The foreign-made knockoffs are becoming increasingly difficult to spot and could put health care workers at grave risk for the coronavirus.

Officials in Washington state examined their mask supply, which had come from a different company, and discovered that 300,000 masks they had purchased for about $1.4 million were counterfeit. Officials are investigating.

Beth Zborowski of the Washington State Hospital Association said the fraud has the potential to affect 1.9 million masks but they are mostly in stockpile now rather than general circulation.

https://apnews.com/article/government-investigation-n95-scam-1694ed85d6ef99cdb6662f67d823c271

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They look identical to the masks purchased from Home Depot last year, but of course it is possible they are good fakes. The box is totally different than the Home Depot masks, not sure if that means anything.

Attachments

• 2DC7A333-AEA2-420E-876D-AB92FAF125BE.jpg
      2DC7A333-AEA2-420E-876D-AB92FAF125BE.jpg
      58.9 KB · Views: 372
    • 99321DF0-7764-4086-AFCF-8C0E93370FD6.jpg
      99321DF0-7764-4086-AFCF-8C0E93370FD6.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 372

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Gasoline. Not a lot, only enough to fill a 2 gallon gas can. Snowblower is pretty useless without it though.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I got Lasik. It'll be pretty hard to find new contact lenses the optometrist is no longer.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Careful were you keep it and be sure to use enough Stabilizer . I keep 8, 5 gal.
    Can's,I find them easier to take to get filled then hauling a drum around

I use/store ethanol free gas. Deteriorates slower. Better for the generator and other small engines

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I use/store ethanol free gas. Deteriorates slower. Better for the generator and other small engines

Treat your gas with Seafoam it will keep your gas fresh for 2 years. Stabil has a tendency to clog the jets on carbs. Have been using Seafoam in the marine industry for ever.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Found at Walmart, Shrewsbury
    72 Hr Supply, good entrees, clearance for $30

Attachments

• IMG_20210220_172216524_1613864094598.jpg
      IMG_20210220_172216524_1613864094598.jpg
      104.8 KB · Views: 272

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Question about storing gas

I keep 8, 5 gal. Can's

I'm curious how you (anyone really..) are storing the filled cans. I have all my cans purchased and ready to be filled, but am holding off. I know I don't want to store in my attached garage, so my plan is to store them in my shed (no windows so no sun getting in), my concern is fluctuation in temp. It's 22 now, and in 120 days - it could be 99... Even in quality containers, I imagine there will be swelling and contracting.

My plan is to rotate on a routine basis (yet to be determined), add one of the numerous recommended fuel stabilizers, etc.. But I don't want my shed to burn up... Any suggestions?

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    :innocent0 I mayhaps picked up some standard cap Glock mags. Most of my Northwest plastic Gas cans have failed after many years. Betting China Joe is gonna screw up the fuel supply chain. I picked up some nice jerry cans. Waiting on that promised stimulus to cover the cost and maybe some soft body armour. That lady at the Capital protest made me want it more.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I'm curious how you (anyone really..) are storing the filled cans. I have all my cans purchased and ready to be filled, but am holding off. I know I don't want to store in my attached garage, so my plan is to store them in my shed (no windows so no sun getting in), my concern is fluctuation in temp. It's 22 now, and in 120 days - it could be 99... Even in quality containers, I imagine there will be swelling and contracting.

My plan is to rotate on a routine basis (yet to be determined), add one of the numerous recommended fuel stabilizers, etc.. But I don't want my shed to burn up... Any suggestions?

I have been storing 5 gallon plastic gas cans (a mix of blitz and midwest brands) in an outdoor shed here in MD for almost 20 years. At first it was just 1 or 2 for the mowers and chainsaw, after buying a generator a little over 10 years ago that number went up to 5.

If there is enough air space in the can (low fuel level) and the temperature drops considerably, the sides will be pushed in a bit. If it is capped when the temp is colder and it gets warm, it will swell.

The only thing to worry about is not opening the spout with the can tipped if it is swollen/pressurized a bit, because the gas will flow out, sometimes quickly. I burp it first with the can upright using the large cap (the ring holding the spout).

If the can collapses because of low temps and does't pop back on its own when you open it, after the can is empty cap it and set it in a warmer area or put it in the sun for a bit. The pressure increase will help it recover its former shape.

Keeping them near full will minimize the expansion and contraction, temperature affects gases far more than fluids in that respect.

As long as you're not doing something foolish like opening a pressurized can near an open flame, or using a grinder near an open can, none of this is a real issue. People have been storing gas cans in outdoor sheds for longer than I've been alive, and there is no epidemic of spontaneous shed combustion that I've heard of. Treat them with respect and caution and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom