• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Does anyone have on in Moco that I could molest and see if I like it, Or know of of one at a dealer locally,

kinda interested in one.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I am interested in some feedback on these as well. Unfortunately when I spoke with my rep we couldnt really accomplish much of seeing one in person due to current events.

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Got it and shoots wonderfully.
    Trigger is phenomenal out of the box
    8dee17d3cc1924216a991c6f09af7bad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

milwriter

Oct 21, 2013
    Bethesda
    Short review

I have one and really like it...except one issue.

I did a short review of it and mention some other resources to find out more detail.

https://youtu.be/-5VGSt72IeY

I think the company's in trouble though so might want to snatch one up when you can. I really wont be using this in matches until I "fix" the shortfall I found with it

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Are you local?
    Saw that video didn't know it was a mdshooters guy also

I know dca used to do rds milling but not at this time I reached out to them

What troubles are they having??? From a company perspective ?
    I actually had a concern about mine that was unfounded but I called left a voicemail and they called me back within 5 minutes and were incredibly helpful

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I have one and really like it...except one issue.

I did a short review of it and mention some other resources to find out more detail.

https://youtu.be/-5VGSt72IeY

I think the company's in trouble though so might want to snatch one up when you can. I really wont be using this in matches until I "fix" the shortfall I found with it

Could you please elaborate further on the 'shortfall' that you need to fix? Thanks!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    EyWrmsI.jpg

Punisher12b was nice enough to meet at the range this morning and let me run 100 rounds of WWB NATO 124gr FMJ thru his Archon Type B.

7UVXzba.jpg

The CZ 75B is a pistol I (usually) shoot well so I brought it along just to compare. I told myself that if I could shoot the Archon as well as the CZ, I'd be forced to seriously consider adding one to my collection.

2ccPgZu.jpg

Seldom do new pistols live up to their lofty media hype but, this one really did. First, it's not like any striker-fired pistol I've ever previously shot. It didn't feel like one and it didn't behave like one. The combination of high grip angle and low bore-axis made it feel more like a semi-custom gun. If you think a CZ feels good in your shooting hand, just try an Archon. Seriously.

While, it was more difficult to adapt to the flat trigger than anticipated, once I kinda figured it out, it was no problem after that. It's excellent. The take-up and reset are crazy short and the weight is about exactly where I'd want it to be on my duty/carry weapon. Not too light. Not too heavy. Very smooth and consistent. You can tell that Archon put a lot of thought into the trigger. Think: Walther or HK but, even better. Note: I did NOT experience any discomfort from the (metal) trigger heating-up as some other reviewers have reported but, then, I only fired 100 rounds.

Conclusion: I'm fvcking getting one! The Archon Type B is the first striker-fired pistol I've shot that comes anywhere close to my hammer-fired, all-steel pistols and in some ways is better and other ways, not quite completely there yet. It's close, though.

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Heck yeah. Glad you enjoyed it. If anyone else wants to try before buy happy to let ya run it.

Or any of my collection for that matter

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    PvgJ6Lv.jpg

Picked one up today from Mike at Vienna Arsenal in Vienna, VA. When I called him two weeks ago, he had 20+ in inventory. Now he's only got three. Glad I could get one before they sold-out of them.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

This is probably the most thorough review of the Archon Type B I've seen so far. The shooting sequences are worth the view.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Went back out to the range this morning with Punisher and the mighty Archon Type B! (Thanks again Punisher12b!)

So, the challenge to shoot the Archon Type B well (for me) is all about finger placement on its flat trigger and I kinda had a breakthrough finding the sweet spot. Once I found it, I didn't hardly miss anything I aimed at. Even the tiny 4" plates at 16 yards were easy to hit consistently.

But, because the Archon Type B is so different than anything I'm accustomed to shooting on a regular basis, it's almost like learning how to shoot all over again. The fun factor is undeniable, though.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    mCQ2P2o.jpg

When I was doing the 77R submission last night, I did a quick field strip and noticed the word, "GECO" stamped on the top, inside surface of the slide. I wondered what connection the Archon Type B had to Geco, one of my favorite brands of factory ammo. Turns-out, Archon Firearms (like Geco) is a subsidiary of RUAG, a Swiss Company that makes everything from handguns and ammo to armored vehicles and aircraft. RUAG is like the Lockheed Martin/Northrup Grumman of Europe.

https://www.ruag.com/en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RUAG

That made me feel a little more confident that Archon Firearms isn't any fly-by-night outfit that'll be here today and gone tomorrow.

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Finally was able to take my Type B out for its first range trip this morning! Got up early and made the drive to Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas, hoping to score a good deal on ammo in addition to getting some quality trigger time.

4GCxN9U.jpg

30 rounds, Federal/AE 115gr FMJ, 7 yards, standing offhand

I usually wouldn't be all that thrilled with a 7 yard target, like that one, but this pistol's trigger definitely has a learning curve and after 60-70 rounds, I think I've finally found its sweet spot for me.

Rg7EHa0.jpg

This pistol sits so low in my shooting hand that the purchase I normally use for every other handgun I shoot pretty much goes out the window. Same thing with trigger finger placement. I had to adapt both for optimum performance but once I did, I started getting some decent results during the last half hour of my lane rental. I also did some 'experimenting' as my target shows. LOL Dammit! It's impossible to not want to step on the gas pedal with an Archon Type B. The gun was made to shoot fast and to stop myself from doing it, I loaded only three rounds per magazine after going thru the first 75 rounds in the blink of an eye. Such a dumb ass. LOL

Unfortunately, ESS didn't really have any great deals on 9mm ammo today but, it was still worth making the trip from Frederick. No traffic at 8:30 this morning on either 7 or 28. Didn't have to wait once I got there. 10/10 would go again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom