• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Why do you even need a gun when you have that ferocious 4 legged killing machine in the house?

Nice groups, cute pup.

Haha!! He’s the little guy, we have a medium sized field bird dog, and big boy Cane Corso. To appreciate the size of his head please see below!

03e195b109aab198dfdad3863a77b792.jpg

For some sort of reference, the GSP is 65 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    To whom that poo-poo’ed 3” barrels...

No BS came home from work and was hopping and popping around the house. I went to the farthest stretch I have and started a new session. I wanted a shot out of each far doorway.

3ee8aa26bb8549a3462693d0d77d8f23.jpg

Leaning out of the guest bath shooting to far wall

ffd2bcb19eb8395ddebe48ac57576e41.jpg

Then leaning out of guest room to far wall.

619e15844f4a221f4ab4915661a7e057.jpg

Say what you want without video proof but I have no reason to lie.

Fudge your red dots. These were not rushed shots but I didn’t sit there forever lining up the perfect picture either.

So, that target is about 2/3 the width of a chest.
    To make it real, press out without looking at the sights, using your support thumb to point at the target and break the trigger when you get pressed out. Anywhere on that paper is a good hit.
    The only time you'll get a sight picture like that is if you're having a standoff. Someone running at you from that distance you cannot afford to lose the 3/10ths of a second or so to get a perfect sight picture.
    Don't train to get small, pretty groups to show pictures on a firearms forum.
    Speed your acquisition up to make solid center mass shots.
    Raise that target higher, come out from behind cover, closer the gap with a few steps and make a face shot.
    Try different things and get out of that static, barricaded standing position.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    So, that target is about 2/3 the width of a chest.
    To make it real, press out without looking at the sights, using your support thumb to point at the target and break the trigger when you get pressed out. Anywhere on that paper is a good hit.
    The only time you'll get a sight picture like that is if you're having a standoff. Someone running at you from that distance you cannot afford to lose the 3/10ths of a second or so to get a perfect sight picture.
    Don't train to get small, pretty groups to show pictures on a firearms forum.
    Speed your acquisition up to make solid center mass shots.
    Raise that target higher, come out from behind cover, closer the gap with a few steps and make a face shot.
    Try different things and get out of that static, barricaded standing position.

Oh totally agree and I was doing that as well. The pretty group was just in regards to the person who said 3” barrels are hard to shoot.

I’m going to practice press shots more. In no high stress situation would one find themselves static. You stay still you’re dead.

I was doing some more movement shooting and obviously the groups opened but they were still “7 ring” and in. Lungs are huge target in four legs or two

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    What does a red dot, (or any sight for that matter) do that your support hand thumb pointing forward (along the barrel)during the grip, doesn't do?
    Sights are overrated in a self defense shooting. Grip is key.

I’ve always said it myself with statistics showing over 90% of gun fights end under 3’s (less than 3m distance , under 3 seconds time, and 3 shots or less) all with adrenaline pumping and movement then sights are overrated.
    With that said the dept of defense’s study along with many other high level instructors/trainers are finding shooters getting quicker target acquisition and significantly improved accuracy with RDS’s that would particularly help those in that 10% bracket.
    After my class last week majority of the higher accuracy shooters were sporting red dots but that’s just shooting paper not an adrenaline packed shoot out along with shooters of varying levels of experience

Solid video I saw on this recently

https://youtu.be/MdgUuYbbxo0

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I finally got the 43x this week and will be taking it to AGC this am for its first time. Before it gets a spot in the IWB and bumps out my 43 for my every day carry I want to make sure this one functions. I also like to add the trijicon Hd night sights , talon grips and the Ghost connector. (Already ordered ) The pic below shows my progression of concealed carry Glocks.

From the top :
    Glock 19 is now my bedside gun. It worked but felt like I was always printing and as “compact” as it is it was still heavy and bulky for me. Easier in the winter to conceal.

Glock 26 was bought and carried before the 43 came out. Used to think it was slick and was better than the 19 ....until the 43 came out and then I’d never wear the 26. Might even sell the 26 ...but I typically just keep my guns.

Then the 43 came out. Traded a M&P9c for it and was very happy I did. This quickly became my EDC. I got the Pearce mag extensions to add a few rounds but always carried a backup mag.

I overpaid for the 43x but honestly don’t care. After shooting a friends 43x I decided to bite the bullet. I’m looking for the Shield Arms magazines and will make the mag catch upgrade as well. But for now I’m happy with having the extra rounds and a better grip. The 43 I’ll keep.

6bf5dc43d9cb84a79b7c2dc66cffd233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whose holster? I can’t quite make out the logo and I’m shopping...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Check out Vedder. They're popular now. I like the adjustable cant and fast service.
    b98b8bdcfd93314e9b8e422b6da9fe35.jpg

I second this. I bought one because of blasters recommendation for my 43 a while back. Now every new handgun that I get I order a Vedder holster for. I have a box full of holsters I've tried over the years and honestly the Vedders are just so simple secure, adjustable and comfortable. It's not even like they are that special. They are just no frills, and efficient. Sort of like the Glocks I carry in them lol.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    I second this. I bought one because of blasters recommendation for my 43 a while back. Now every new handgun that I get I order a Vedder holster for. I have a box full of holsters I've tried over the years and honestly the Vedders are just so simple secure, adjustable and comfortable. It's not even like they are that special. They are just no frills, and efficient. Sort of like the Glocks I carry in them lol.

I used to be an AIWB only kinda guy. Is there a Vedder better than another for a good 5:30 carry? I would AIWB my 19 to avoid printing behind me. With this 43X that isn’t a concern. Thank you!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I used to be an AIWB only kinda guy. Is there a Vedder better than another for a good 5:30 carry? I would AIWB my 19 to avoid printing behind me. With this 43X that isn’t a concern. Thank you!

The X IWB between 2 and 3 o'clock is perfect.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    A 43x with 2 Shield mags, Vedder holster, and Kore belt. The perfect trio. The Kore belt was a game changer for me, instantly infinitely adjustable, and thin. I could not go back to a traditional leather belt with holes....

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    A 43x with 2 Shield mags, Vedder holster, and Kore belt. The perfect trio. The Kore belt was a game changer for me, instantly infinitely adjustable, and thin. I could not go back to a traditional leather belt with holes....

Excellent recommendation! Now to source those Shield Boii’s

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Same with my Nexbelt EDC belts.
    To be able to loosen or tighten (in 1/4" increments) on the go is the best thing that's ever happened to my carry game.
    To be able to easily loosen the belt when you sit down saves a lot of cramping down on the intestines.
    And you're right, it's an absolute game changer. I will never wear a belt with holes ever again.
    I wish I had these belts back when I was sitting on all those flights cramped up in plane seats.
    d9f56df1d97e1e18e49b95cf9dbdc127.jpg

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I remember when the Shield was the best single stack. Then the 365. Then the G43x.

currently debating replacing my Shield with a G43X. It's not so much about the capacity as the fact that I'm much more used to shooting Glocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom