• ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    I ended up listing it in the Classified section:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=40467

Price is set at $1000...is that reasonable?

I googled it... it's a EIGHTEEN gun safe, NOT 8 like you claimed. World of difference.
    8 gun would be like **** on a bull. 18 a little better. Find a diamond dealer, he might like it more. 18 is still on the short side no matter how great it's supposed to be, disregard the mirrors and options, most couldn't care less about them.

You might be married to it unless you find someone with a dozen H&H rifles for Africa.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    118653263_337847264242140_202304837859848565_n.jpg

118560355_2847187888864030_9135186952779799024_n.jpg

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    How are you planning to move ? If you have movers , just have the safe included in the bid. A bit more complicated I'd you plan on doing the move yourself.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I googled it... it's a EIGHTEEN gun safe, NOT 8 like you claimed. World of difference.
    8 gun would be like **** on a bull. 18 a little better. Find a diamond dealer, he might like it more. 18 is still on the short side no matter how great it's supposed to be, disregard the mirrors and options, most couldn't care less about them.

You might be married to it unless you find someone with a dozen H&H rifles for Africa.

Looks like it started it's life as a 18 gun safe before all the compartments and shelving was added.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

Looks nice. I’m surprised someone hasn’t scooped it up yet. It also appears to be set up for 8 guns. Imagine that, you Know many guns your safe holds.:lol2:

I’m sure it wouldn’t take a lot if some one wanted to convert the other side to hold guns also.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Happy ending for me! Steve from Steve's Safes called me back and offered to buy it back from me. I originally purchased it from him and remember he was very careful delivering it to me, so I have complete confidence it will be the same with removal. He did mention he had a couple other used safes on consignment, so if you are in the market for a used one, you might want to contact him.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    I have a Fort Knox Maverick 6026 gun safe with room for 8 rifles on one side and shelves on the other. It's got mirrors inside with a redundant electronic + manual lock on the front. Does this thing really weigh 500-600lbs? I tried to lift the door off and it seemed quite heavy. I am planning on moving to California, but what's the best way to do that? Can one person get it down stairs with a handcart? Is it worth taking at this point if I am putting it in a PODs box? Are there places/people that buy used safes? What do they go for used? Appreciate any tips you guys have on this thing.

My safe is in the basement, the new owners will get it when I sell. I am not dragging it out of the basement, up the carpeted stairs and then pushing out the stairwell doorway at 90*.

My new safe will be delivered to my new home just after I move in. Also, I am not paying to have a safe shipped from Maryland to California or any other place even if it is only 200 miles away.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    it's been my experience that professional safe movers charge an arm and a leg. When I had to move mine (twice) I used two local haulers I found on FB. Significantly cheaper, but I also didn't have any stairs. that safe is just big enough to be a pain in the dick for one person, and not big enough to be worth shipping imo. I used golf balls / baseballs to roll mine around once I got it inside.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    My gunsafe's a bit smaller than yours, only 300 lbs. The delivery guys just left it on a pallet on my driveway (the vendor didn't include set-up). I called some piano movers, and they brought it in the house and set it up in my bedroom for me. They used a ramp for the steps up to my front porch, then a rolling dolly to get it inside (I'm all on one floor, so no other steps other than the porch). Couldn't have done this myself.

rooster

Rebel looking for a cause
    Aug 1, 2010
    Eldersburg, MD
    I had my safe delivered down stairs in the basement. The guy used an auto-stair climbing device. Sort of an electric hand cart with revolving cog wheels that navigated my steps. It was fantastic to watch! I suggest calling a safe company and asking about their services.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Anybody else concerned about calling somebody to move a gun safe? When I moved I made sure to 1) empty the safe and display that there was nothing inside and 2) move the safe myself just in case. It seems like a good advertisement, similar to those real estate listings which have a bad ass safe in the bedroom pictures.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    A 5-600 pound safe is pretty easy to move. Take the door off with a floor jack and move them separately with a decent hand truck. My last safe that size I moved myself. That included taking the door off, removing the steel from under it and putting it back together and I have a messed up back(way before moving safes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom