• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Not So

It’s honestly not rocket science, the only way to get ammunition at a decent price is to head out of state and make a day of it. Just remember the early bird gets the worm.

I recently went on a long multi-state road trip and stopped by a good amount of shops and prices were pretty much the same for available stock.

The chain stores don't have "most wanted" ammo after you get off work or weekends. It's sucked dry by hoarders and gun broker sleeze sellers that show up daily before opening and probably making multiple trips.

The LGSs aren't getting as much allocation and holding limited stock for gun buyers.

"Basement" sellers are worse off but may have limited stock for a price.

On-line? Varies wildly by vendor and shipping will cost you as well as much longer shipping times.

Shows? Well, this was the last Timonium one:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6079995&postcount=27

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    An unexpected discovery today... making room in the garrage and came across a shopping bag with 3 boxes of 9mm, 2 boxes of 45 Colt, 2 boxes of 28 gauge, and 3 boxes of 380... don't even remember when I bought it, but it was like finding money.

Cleaning my bedroom a couple days ago found a couple hundred .45 and .380. WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    An unexpected discovery today... making room in the garrage and came across a shopping bag with 3 boxes of 9mm, 2 boxes of 45 Colt, 2 boxes of 28 gauge, and 3 boxes of 380... don't even remember when I bought it, but it was like finding money.

Cleaning my bedroom a couple days ago found a couple hundred .45 and .380. WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

If you guys ever need a hand sprucing up a bit around the house, PM me. :)

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    If you guys ever need a hand sprucing up a bit around the house, PM me. :)

All out of the goodness of your heart i'm sure. NO ulterior motives right, i need some help in the garage, especially in building shelves above the garage door. You up for it?

:lol:

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    I recently went on a long multi-state road trip and stopped by a good amount of shops and prices were pretty much the same for available stock.

The chain stores don't have "most wanted" ammo after you get off work or weekends. It's sucked dry by hoarders and gun broker sleeze sellers that show up daily before opening and probably making multiple trips.

The LGSs aren't getting as much allocation and holding limited stock for gun buyers.

"Basement" sellers are worse off but may have limited stock for a price.

On-line? Varies wildly by vendor and shipping will cost you as well as much longer shipping times.

Shows? Well, this was the last Timonium one:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6079995&postcount=27

Going out of state requires a common knowledge of when certain stores get their deliveries and if you go enough and you’re early you’ll even see the same people there over and over. It’s almost like a cult.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Not to be a downer but think about airguns more as this isn't going to get better anytime soon.

Can improve a lot with air stuff for not a lot of money. More importantly, you can still shoot now.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Don’t know if best place, but today guy on route 258 just outside of Bristol, selling out of a pickup. 9 mm goes for $.80 each or a box of 1000 for $750. He has 5.56 etc.

Ravitch

Feb 28, 2021
    Cape St. Claire
    I've had a lot of luck with finding ammo at Academy Sports. Not always the best prices, but you can sign up for stock alerts for whatever you are interested in, and you'll have a decent buffer from when you get the alert that it is in stock until the locusts descend on it and buy it all out. Prices have been ok, but raising recently. For example, not too long ago I bought 400 rounds of Winchester white box for $77, but now that would run you $140.

Scope3334

Industry Partner
    Mar 12, 2016
    Field Traders in Pasadena has a ammo vender coming with a trailer of ammo this Saturday. According to FB post there will be no limit on purchases.

9mm

Scope3334

Industry Partner
    Mar 12, 2016
    Field traders has 12ga 00 buck, 380, 45 fmj and defense, 9mm fmj, 9mm 50 round packs of federal HST, 308, .223 Subsonic, .223 fmj, 38 special and 357 mag in stock.

Choppin

Coming in hot
    Jun 22, 2020
    Fern-Dizzle
    Shockingly Bass pro in Arundel mills had 556, 223, 40, 45 and an arraignment of shotgun shells last night. Of course it was all overpriced but if you’re in a pinch it’s convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom