• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    Patriotic use of stimulus

I won't get one but encourage all who do to buy from a locally owned shop and buy American made!

Last edited:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I got on at 23. So i “could” leave at 47 (12 years) but i never wanna work another day in my life. So between investments and pension i should be fine. I don’t want a part time job unless someone will pay me to drink Natty
    I could theoretically retire at 46 and live off my 60% pension and start withdrawing from my 457B plan and likely be fine. I won't get into my net worth on the forums, but I've made significant effort to plan for the future from a young age and I believe that I have set myself up for a financial secure retirement.

Assuming 5% growth over the next 50 years (until I'm 90) I could start withdrawing $3000/month from my investments (which would put my yearly income at my current employed rate) and still leave significant money left over for each of my children. I also have 529 plans set up for each of the kids to help pay for college. Through the national FOP they can get 60 credits free from Eastern Gateway Community College, which I will push. I hope that my kids join the military or national guard and get college and technical training that way as well.

In that regard I shouldn't *need* to work, however I know that I will get bored and fat(ter) sitting at home for the next 15 years. I plan to find a part time job that will supplement my income and then I don't have to touch any investments to survive. I want a job in a field that interests me and also allows me ample time to take off work for vacations. My wife is a nurse, so we hope to get her employed as a travel nurse and take a couple of vacations a year throughout the country where she takes a contract to work (San Diego, Arizona, Wyoming, Wisconsin, Rhode Island, etc) for 6 weeks at a time. The travel nursing program pays transportation costs, housing costs and a larger hourly pay rate. We plan to continue RVing and would use her work locations as a base for vacations two or 3 times a year for a couple months at a time.

If I worked for an additional 15 years and didn't touch any of my investments until I was 61, at just 5% interest I would expect them to almost double in value. Taking out $3000 a month at 61 years old would leave TWICE as much for my children, which would allow me to set up investments for my grandchildren too.

If my money continues to grow, fan-friggin-tastic! I will have more financial security than I could have reasonably hoped for and I will be able to provide financial security for my family as well. If my money doesn't grow as well, I'll still be making the same money as before, without the stress of wearing the uniform for another 5-10-15 years.

But either way, I hope to be out of law enforcement sooner rather than later. I'm seeing the writing on the wall, and its not looking great.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I got on at 23. So i “could” leave at 47 (12 years) but i never wanna work another day in my life. So between investments and pension i should be fine. I don’t want a part time job unless someone will pay me to drink Natty

Boh

Regla
    Ice
    Light
    Strawberry Lemonade
    Seltzer
    Natty Daddy

?????

sasquatch58

Mar 20, 2014
    Posting awareness

What kind of gun will you buy with your stimulus check? :D

I am asking myself why do you guys want to post topics like this? We really don't need to add fuel to the fire! if ever a time we need to chill on this is now. I don't know about you but I can see the democratic Gun Haters using these types of posts to further their Gun Grabbing agenda's. We all know that if push comes to shove, we will stand shoulder to shoulder should we ever have to do so. But please consider this before posting . Not trying to step on toe's.I just want to try and get past these next 4 years.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I am asking myself why do you guys want to post topics like this? We really don't need to add fuel to the fire! if ever a time we need to chill on this is now. I don't know about you but I can see the democratic Gun Haters using these types of posts to further their Gun Grabbing agenda's. We all know that if push comes to shove, we will stand shoulder to shoulder should we ever have to do so. But please consider this before posting . Not trying to step on toe's.I just want to try and get past these next 4 years.
    Well this is a shooters forum, what do you suggest we discuss?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    *****LGBT issues now that Biden is president.

Liquor
    Guns
    Bacon
    Titties

:thumbsup:

Check out Operation Blazing Sword....If this were pushed even harder the Democrats heads would explode.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Seeing this thread I checked my status which says my check is currently scheduled to be mailed on January 6th and I've seen nothing, don't they know ammo is going up about $.04 per day?

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD

I personally don't feel like we need to hide in a spidey hole for 4 years, or that it would change anything that comes to pass if we did.

It wouldn't bother me at all if the commie Democrat bastards in DC lie awake every night worrying about how many firearms purchases they've just financed.

When the cost of this $1.9T bill is added to the 2020 Covid relief bills, the US will have spent as much, in 2020 dollars, as all of the Allies combined spent on WW2.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I personally don't feel like we need to hide in a spidey hole for 4 years, or that it would change anything that comes to pass if we did.

It wouldn't bother me at all if the commie Democrat bastards in DC lie awake every night worrying about how many firearms purchases they've just financed.

When the cost of this $1.9T bill is added to the 2020 Covid relief bills, the US will have spent as much, in 2020 dollars, as all of the Allies combined spent on WW2.

Was the US not considered one of the allies? Because just during the actual war, not including anything leading up to it, including lend-lease prior to the war, the US alone spent roughly $4 trillion in 2020 adjusted dollars.

Pretty sure the other allies spent a fair amount too.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Another reason why some DO NOT need them! They are probably illegals otherwise they’d be getting their own checks!

Attachments

• F663604F-FAFE-41C3-868D-F2CB0BBD7213.jpg
      F663604F-FAFE-41C3-868D-F2CB0BBD7213.jpg
      109.5 KB · Views: 208

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Was the US not considered one of the allies? Because just during the actual war, not including anything leading up to it, including lend-lease prior to the war, the US alone spent roughly $4 trillion in 2020 adjusted dollars.

Pretty sure the other allies spent a fair amount too.

The reference I saw said the allies spent $4T. But going with the Congressional Research Service numbers, the US spent $4.1T in today's dollars for WW2. Fine.

So far, we spent $2.2T for the 2020 Cares Act, plus $0.9T for Covid relief in the 2020 Covid-10 Economic Relief Bill. Add in the $1.9T we are about to spend and it comes up to $5.0T.

In WW2 we built about 1200 major combatant ships, 6000 merchant ships, 100,000 tanks and SPGs, 300,000 airplanes, paid for 16,000,000 troops, and developed "the bomb."

And for the $5T covid debt we're saddling our kids and grandkids with we bought what? It works out to over $15,000 for every man, woman and child in the US, with not all that much to show for it imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom