Proof of club membership for AGC renewal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    First, sorry if this is the wrong forum. I see an old AGC forum, but it appears to be closed to new posts.

Second, I'm coming up on my 1st AGC renewal (joined via MSI last year) and I am unsure what is needed to substantiate club membership for the current year. I don't want to waste their time, or mine, by showing up without the needed info.

My MSI membership runs through 3/31/21. I will obviously renew, but I have it set up to auto-renew on their site.

Do I need to renew early so that I can prove to AGC that I have MSI membership through the entire 2021 year? If so, will AGC accept a screen print? Not sure I'd get a new MSI card with updated expiration date prior to 1/31.

Or, is it good enough for AGC that I am a member of my club at the moment of renewal?

Thanks.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    From my experience they will want to see something, either an email or a membership card that shows current membership. I used my life MSI member card, and it does not have a date on it. Managed to convince the RSO that it was valid, but he would have preferred something with a current date. YMMV.

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    Last year, I simply used my phone to sign on to the MSRPA website which showed I had a valid up to date membership.

With that said , I am not sure if that is acceptable by policy or the person renewing my membership was just being amiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    They do accept a screen shot of your current club membership. Just pull it up on your phone, show it to them and you are good to go.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I got my 2021 sticker today- showed my receipt for re-up of my MSI membership on my phone earlier this afternoon after I was done shooting.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Thanks for all the responses.

I got my 2021 sticker today and can confirm that you do not need to prove you will be a club member through the end of 2021. In other words, no need to do an early club renewal into 2022.

I brought my receipt, badge, and MSI card and was in and out in just a few minutes.

linkstate thanks for reminding me that I could pay through the website.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I renewed the first weekend in January and had my current MSI membership card with me. Showed it to the lady and she wouldn't accept it because it expires at the end of this month. Had to dig into my emails and show her that I had already renewed my membership but hadn't received my new card yet and that was accepted.

Different people manning the sticker "office"? :shrug:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I renewed the first weekend in January and had my current MSI membership card with me. Showed it to the lady and she wouldn't accept it because it expires at the end of this month. Had to dig into my emails and show her that I had already renewed my membership but hadn't received my new card yet and that was accepted.

Different people manning the sticker "office"? :shrug:

I think most if not all the AGC clubs have membership that runs the calendar year. For a range badge, they are expecting a club card that states you are a member for the entire year, i.e. 2021. A card that expires Feb 2021 offers no proof that you will continue membership in MSI. If you think about it, it's not unreasonable.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think most if not all the AGC clubs have membership that runs the calendar year. For a range badge, they are expecting a club card that states you are a member for the entire year, i.e. 2021. A card that expires Feb 2021 offers no proof that you will continue membership in MSI. If you think about it, it's not unreasonable.

Just playing devil's advocate, still reasonable if my MSI membership would have expired in May or June?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom