• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Worst of the worst I've found is the bottom rung of Winchester... the ones you can spin around in the casings. I think it was Super X.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    For 22, have run most major brands, but now CCI is all I buy, standard velocity is subsonic, accurate, and works in everything. For most centerfire cals Federal or Hornady function 100% and have good brass(I reload). The only exception is Wolf for 7.62x39 or x54R, and Privi for my milsurp calibers, cheap and loaded light. Remington seems to ha e the worst consistency of the major brands, and Win white box has shallow extractor grooves that can cause some feed issues.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I had problems with Wolf .45acp in my HK USP. I guess it has a tighter headspace/chamber than my Colt (which I used to burn up the rest of the ammo just fine). It was either (or a combination of) the lacquer on the case or the red ribbon of sealant between the bullet and case mouth that would not let it fully chamber. I think I remember the first one fired ok, but the second one wouldn't let the slide close all the way. It was jammed in there so tight, I had to (very carefully :o ) take the barrel out, put the body of a Bic pen (that I was fortunate to have brought for marking targets) into the muzzle and slam it down in my fist onto a fence post to get it out...it was a little scary...:innocent0

That was a very bad day for a young kid who had just bought 500 rounds of this crap stuff (which was a lot for being a poor college student) to find out it didn't work in the most expensive gun (or anything that didn't have a motor in it) that he owned. :sad20:

It has worked fine in loose and commie guns (SKS, etc.), but I'm always going to be a little skeptical of it...

Taco

Jan 23, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I completely agree with what some of the others said about .22lr depends on the gun. I get completely different accuracy with the same lot of ammo with different guns. I have one 22lr that shoots better with Aguila SV than the expensive competition stuff (which I'm totally happy about lol).

The only ammo I have ever consistently had problems with was Winchester Forged 9mm steel cased ammo. Seriously the worst ammo on the planet. I've shot plenty of other steel cased ammo with no problems but this stuff is trash.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
      Capture2.JPG
      44.6 KB · Views: 125

drickster

Sep 22, 2020
    Baltimore
    I was kinda wondering about how current prices have changed buying habits. I’m pretty new but remember the good old days of $8 boxes of 9mm.

I just shoot for fun at a nearby range so I just want something that’s gonna go bang. But I felt like I was at least a little discriminating before. Now, if someone handed me a paper bag with 50 rounds in it at .30 a round I’d probably just buy it. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom