• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Any place in anne arundel county? Is this something a gun shop might do? I live in baltimore city and right now I don't feel my house is safe from robbery.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Seems like you need to get yourself a good safe. I love my Liberty Safe they stand behind their products. Then a good security system such as ADT.

Remember security works best in layers.

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County
    I’m not familiar with options in Anne Arundel, but if you’re willing to make the drive, Gilbert’s in Rockville does storage with weekly/monthly/annual options, I believe.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Do you have a safe? If “No” then there’s your answer to your storage concerns.

And if you think a safe is not enough then GTFO of Brooklyn. I was born, raised, schooled and lived in Brooklyn and Brooklyn Park but I’ll be damned if I would want to move back there and we lived on one of the nicest block of 12th Avenue

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    See that would be an option if i didnt own the house. I dont have a mrotage and im not a rich man. I guess ill have to go for the safe but i have seen videos of people destroying a safe in a matter of minutes.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    He became a furry

This made me laugh.

But your comment that you didnt have room for a safe but from your profile you’ve got quite a few rifles. Those have got to be taking up quite a bit of space too. You could probably get decent 36 rifle safe about the size of small fridge for about $1500. I suspect you would spend at least $80 or more per month to rent a storage space.

Maybe get a big Rottweiler too.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    See that would be an option if i didnt own the house. I dont have a mrotage and im not a rich man. I guess ill have to go for the safe but i have seen videos of people destroying a safe in a matter of minutes.

No offense but you had enough money for your collection so it is really a question of priorities.

You could sell off some of your safe queens to raise the funds.

And as for the questions regarding safes and the levels of security that they offer, any safe beats your current storage.

Checkout this safe buying guide. It is the most accurate and unbiased guide of the internet.

https://www.6mmbr.com/gunsafes.html

We also have some IPs that are locksmiths and sell used safes so that maybe an option to lower costs.

Another lower cost option is reinforcing a closet with some new or surplus caging and we have some IPs that could make that happen for you.

Anything is possible and you’re never alone with problem on the forum.

This made me laugh.

But your comment that you didnt have room for a safe but from your profile you’ve got quite a few rifles. Those have got to be taking up quite a bit of space too. You could probably get decent 36 rifle safe about the size of small fridge for about $1500. I suspect you would spend at least $80 or more per month to rent a storage space.

Maybe get a big Rottweiler too.

I will store them for $200 a month- with the caveat that I am paid for a full year in advance. There will be a legal disclaimer that if the leasee defaults for more than 30 days, the firearms become my property.
    I have a Bullmastiff and American Bulldog/Pitbull mix on site.

Attachments

• leon penny.jpg
      leon penny.jpg
      82.7 KB · Views: 433

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I would start by getting some insurance for them based off of their current value. At least you will be covered until you can figure out the physical storage situation. I would recommend that even with a safe. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom