AA county
    I like lectures.

I prefer pictures though.

Here ya go...

tenor.gif

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I think ammo will go up in price/value for a longer period than the stock market, but that's just my .02

****Mebbe but it's doubtful. If you like money, which will allow you to buy all of the ammo you need along with pretty much anything else, the stock market is a much better investment if you are well diversified and just reinvest dividends, etc...

I have ammo to shoot, but not as a strict investment I plan to sell in the future for profit unless I really have to.

I can only store so much, and it's not that easy to convert to cash, or sell quickly unlike stocks, or mutual funds, etc... which provide me with passive income I can use, or to reinvest, etc.. and has potential tax sheltering benefits and a bunch of other stuff. Yes yes the market might/will/perhaps crash and leave all of us bartering with .22lr, tampons, liquor, and toilet paper but that is just not that likely and if it gets that bad, most of us will have worse problems to deal with than trying to barter with folks for supplies, etc..

dink

Mar 30, 2014
    Well Alea, at least we agree on your perspective of dogs and people. Logic on par with the left...but there's more of them so the slide continues. Guess I'll go sell more ammo!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Big vendors not raising prices when supply is low and demand is high is causing rationing. Simple economics. They fear backlash
    Gun shops that have raised prices have many items in stock and available and priced to allow flow at the rate of replacement.
    There are still some unobtanium calibers right now which this week seems to be 38/357

OP wants to reduce demand through influence. That's fine, don't' think it will have enough effect. What has more of an effect is this cold weather keeping people away from outdoor ranges.
    I shot less this summer than normal and fished more.
    I survived going through 2013 and the 22LR ammo availability scare after it. Lessons were learned and not forgotten.
    I took advice of Ammo Jon and others "when its cheap, stack it deep". I'm good.

I AM HOWEVER buying for other people cause I frequent places with ammo. That won't stop while I have friends.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    It's Their Fault

I've said the same thing.

We all know the symbol on the boxes.
    ormd_ammunition_diamond.jpg

How many drivers are keeping tabs of homes with these types of deliveries? Quantities, GPS coordinates and even the ability of knocking on the door to see if anyone is home.

Just Sayin'.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Didn't this happen the last time we had a democrat that couldn't read the Constitution in the White House?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Even though I probably had enough, I've bought nearly 2k in assorted calibers over the last few months. I even ordered some stuff I thought was too pricey, from a company I've done a lot of business with, since I know they must be hurting due to limited availability.

Also bought some from the classifieds here, that was priced slightly below current market, because why not? If someone wants to make a few bucks off his investment, who am I to complain. After all, the stuff just sits in a box somewhere, doing nothing, until times like this make the buy and hold strategy pay off.

If I had a bit more trust tin the government - like if Trump's election wasn't invalided - I'd have sold a fair amount of my stash, knowing I'd be getting more by and by. But no one is in a position to trust the current government - they don't even trust their own soldiers(!) - so it seemed reasonable to put my money where my beliefs are.

Economics likes to think it's a science, but it's Just Common Sense. You takes your money, and you puts it where you choose. While you're still allowed to do so, that is.

Just read the 1st post - "PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS". So cute. I love it when folks make me smile.

^^^::lol::lol::lol:
    Yea, the OP should have done a little searching of the previous bitch and whine threads over ammo prices first, then learned a little about free markets:lol2:

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    My opinion it is the manufacturers fault! There are all types of algorithms they use to project future production, blips in the market and sales. So if they were not prepared it is their fault and no one else. Manufacturers were caught with their pants down and playing with their selves. They did not have any stock built up and were just manufacturing the items they sold.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    My opinion it is the manufacturers fault! There are all types of algorithms they use to project future production, blips in the market and sales. So if they were not prepared it is their fault and no one else. Manufacturers were caught with their pants down and playing with their selves. They did not have any stock built up and were just manufacturing the items they sold.

Just-in-time manufacturing is how EVERY manufacturer works. If someone in the distribution/retail chain wants to tie up huge amounts of their money to stash far more inventory than they are regularly turning over, that's their choice. Here at the bitter end of the distribution chain - us end users - quite a few of us DID decide to tie up a fair pile of money in what turns out to have been a good investment in cheap, plentiful ammo over the last few years.

And, no, manufacturers could not have seen the pandemic and a summer of violent lefty riots coinciding with a huge media, corporate manipulation, and skullduggerous war to successfully get an anti-gun meat puppet into the White House.

The entity that should be stacking up ammo for a rainy day is YOU. If you expected the ammo manufacturers to foresee literally millions of brand new shooters with zero ammo in their never-had-a-gun-before households rushing to clean out stores, you're completely missing the point of how this works. If they'd stocked up a couple years worth of inventory in anticipation of that unknowable event, they'd have giant finances hung up in it, and would have had to raise prices to service that opportunity cost and/or debt. And then you'd be complaining about THAT.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    obama bought ammo like crazy for every and any agency, even weather stations. unsure if biden is taking over the market, i have been off for a while. prior to 1jan, small shops got smaller than usual shipments, even during hunting season. agencies we service got roughly half to 3/4 of usual amounts.

Incorrect.

That was an IDIQ contract. Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity. NOT an order for that many rounds.

One big contract for all the gun toting agencies.

So if your agency needed 1,000 rounds, it ordered it off the contract. If it needed 10,000, then they ordered that much.

There were minimum order sizes.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

So, you own a factory, and for the occasional peak demand, you double the size of your plant, which means that over half of it sits idle most of the time. REALLY???

Oh, and it not just equipment, but skilled labor to run the equipment. Do you hire extra people and pay them to not work when the demand is low.

The ammunition manufacturers raised production by 30% last year. That is a HUGE amount of excess production capacity to sit idle for years at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom