• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    My oldman is downsizing and i just acquired a nib Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary contest winner. Can anybody put a value on one of these? There's one on gb right now with 23 bids at $465. Another one sold last month for $712. I realize that's gb so im just trying to get a realistic value.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I have a stainless 50th anniversary 10/22 with a Kryptek Typhon stock. Maybe I should sell it, but I can’t see someone paying over $400 for one. Put it on Gunbroker and see if you get the $700+.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    No idea on current value, I think I paid $250 for mine new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    I have a stainless 50th anniversary 10/22 with a Kryptek Typhon stock. Maybe I should sell it, but I can’t see someone paying over $400 for one. Put it on Gunbroker and see if you get the $700+.

Is yours a take down?

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    My oldman is downsizing and i just acquired a nib Ruger 10/22 50th anniversary contest winner. Can anybody put a value on one of these? There's one on gb right now with 23 bids at $465. Another one sold last month for $712. I realize that's gb so im just trying to get a realistic value.

Sounds like you dad gave you a nice gift. Use it and be happy. Who cares the value. It would be rude to turn around and sell it after your dad just gave it to you.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I haven’t seen a ton for sale but I wouldn’t think they go for anything crazy. The one I have is a shooter, just use it and enjoy.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    Sounds like you dad gave you a nice gift. Use it and be happy. Who cares the value. It would be rude to turn around and sell it after your dad just gave it to you.

Ok since you asked. He has a hard time lining up front and rear sights on a rifle because of his eyesight. My plan was to sell the 10/22 and buy him a 22 pistol. Its rude to comment like that when you have no idea the situation.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    How will it be easier for him to align the sights on a handgun?

Why not put a red dot or scope on the rifle for him?

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    How will it be easier for him to align the sights on a handgun?

Why not put a red dot or scope on the rifle for him?

He said because the sights on a handgun are closer together. I recommended a scope but he shot the idea down.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    peep sites are a old man's favorite. perhaps change out the sites to peeps. if you don't believe me please look into it . its amazing the difference for old eyes.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    peep sites are a old man's favorite. perhaps change out the sites to peeps. if you don't believe me please look into it . its amazing the difference for old eyes.
    I like the peeps also, I have a couple on my lever guns that just don't look right with a scope.
    Skinner makes one called the Low Pro that is only about $20 and can be adjusted to use the existing front sight on most rifles.

Plus, if he's having trouble with the sites on a riffle, it's only going to be harder to see on a pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom