• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Can almost guarantee prices are doing to be 25-50% above online prices, even on chinese junk.

There is a vendor that shows up at all the Gettysburg, York, and Morgantown shows. Their prices are always a bit below what I see online for the exact same product.

Not sure what you consider chinese junk, the one I'm talking about normally has Holosun, Vortex, and a few other brands, so at least we're not talking UTG or some of the nameless mystery products that show up.

Unfortunately their name escapes me at the moment... I have a reciept at home, I'll update when I can find it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Pretty full crowd, my first gun show in over a year, but nothing I absolutely had to have except for some 12ga slugs from SCSG. Brian was very busy. :thumbsup:

He certainly seemed to be. I walked by twice and he was doing paperwork or just finishing paperwork both times.

I bought some parts and cleaning stuff. I didn't see anything else that called out to me.

I took a buddy that is interested in a home defense shotgun and he got a few ideas but didn’t buy anything and I didn’t see anything that interested me either.

I'm pretty sure Brian had a few of those, maybe check with him later this week, he's not too far from you.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    He certainly seemed to be. I walked by twice and he was doing paperwork or just finishing paperwork both times.

I bought some parts and cleaning stuff. I didn't see anything else that called out to me.

I'm pretty sure Brian had a few of those, maybe check with him later this week, he's not too far from you.
    Yeah we looked at Brian’s table and that’s where my buddy was interested the most. He got a card from him and I told him that Brian is a great one to buy from. But this would be my buddies first gun in a long time and he wanted to think about it and I didn’t pressure him about jumping into a gun purchase.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Was in Pa. today, stopped at a few gun supply stores, all had the same answers, no primers, low on powders, high on prices. Going to the Frederick show tomorrow.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    There is a vendor that shows up at all the Gettysburg, York, and Morgantown shows. Their prices are always a bit below what I see online for the exact same product.

Not sure what you consider chinese junk, the one I'm talking about normally has Holosun, Vortex, and a few other brands, so at least we're not talking UTG or some of the nameless mystery products that show up.

Unfortunately their name escapes me at the moment... I have a reciept at home, I'll update when I can find it.

Kenzie's Optics have been at the York shows before , including the last one (I've never been to Gettysburg or Morgantown), and usually have Holosun, Vortex, Primary Arms, etc. optics for reasonable prices. I've bought a couple of my Streamlights from them at the Dulles shows.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Kenzie's Optics have been at the York shows before , including the last one (I've never been to Gettysburg or Morgantown), and usually have Holosun, Vortex, Primary Arms, etc. optics for reasonable prices. I've bought a couple of my Streamlights from them at the Dulles shows.

Yup, they're the ones I was talking about.

I bought a holosun sight and a vortex 3x magnifier from them. The prices were $10-$20 lower than anything I saw online at the time, and of course no shipping.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I went on Sunday looking for 12ga ammo. $15 a box was the going rate. Of the few tables that I saw with any, it was 2-3 boxes of different brands. One guy had a few cases of Federal, and wanted $60 each. Said if I took 3 or more he'd give them to me at $50. I took a lap to think about it, came back, and all 7 cases were gone. $0.60 per round for 12ga target loads. Crazy. Looks like trap league is in jeopardy for me this year.

Other than that, I saw the ubiquitous $2,000 Colt AR's, and other high-priced assorted ammo. No real ammo dealers to speak of, just people offloading oddball boxes they have. It was good to go to a show again, even though it was small.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I went on Sunday looking for 12ga ammo. $15 a box was the going rate. Of the few tables that I saw with any, it was 2-3 boxes of different brands. One guy had a few cases of Federal, and wanted $60 each. Said if I took 3 or more he'd give them to me at $50. I took a lap to think about it, came back, and all 7 cases were gone. $0.60 per round for 12ga target loads. Crazy. Looks like trap league is in jeopardy for me this year.

Other than that, I saw the ubiquitous $2,000 Colt AR's, and other high-priced assorted ammo. No real ammo dealers to speak of, just people offloading oddball boxes they have. It was good to go to a show again, even though it was small.

Was that $50 per case of 250 shells? That’s .20 a shell. I would’ve bought every case at that price if I needed 12ga.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Was in Pa. today, stopped at a few gun supply stores, all had the same answers, no primers, low on powders, high on prices. Going to the Frederick show tomorrow.

I went Sunday, took my bulldog. She was a great hit and loved the attention. I spent over an hour moving through the first half of the main building, with her stopping to soak up the affection every few steps. She loved every second of it but ultimately ran out of steam. I had to take her home and return without. Was glad to see the high attendance.
    Started looking at the 80% build kits for the first time. Interesting how the threat of our second amendment rights being infringed makes something suddenly interesting to me.
    I visited three tables, got three different points of view on the builds, the better types, and what a full build kit includes, and prices. From $660.00 to $600.00. I had done zero research on the products, I don't even know much about Glock's, so didn't buy. Got some good info from a few of the sales guys. And good advice from an attendee ( I think its good advice).
    He recommended I don't use a build kit gun as a concealed carry. Lack of manufacturer serial number if nothing else will add to my explaining time if ever had to produce it in a legal situation.

Regardless, now I am interested in purchasing one. Any recommendations for purchasing a complete build kit?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I bought an AS007 in the parking lot from a guy. I went in the show look for ammo but the prices were too high for me. Pretty happy with the gun though. Good show overall!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

The day will come when we’ll long for $2,000 colt ARs.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    No real ammo dealers to speak of, just people offloading oddball boxes they have.

When I was there Saturday, the usual ammo vendor guy was there as always. Younger guy with an older gent helping him... just to the right of the door in the main hall, took up an entire row of tables. Maybe he sold out and left early?

Same vendor that is usually set up outside the entrance doors at the Timonium and York shows, near where you pay the entrance fees.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I went Sunday and picked up 20 Garand clips all loaded with '68 era ammo for $10/ea., three were all loaded with AP.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    IN the last month, I have been to State College,PA, Iowa and Wheeling W VA. All the same story with ammo. I did get some decently priced AR10 mags in Iowa for a friend.
    I went to Cabelas in Triadephia yesterday. What little ammo they had was crazy. The guy behind the counter pretty much said, don't but ammo here.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Swung by Sunday before they closed. Was happy to hear from several vendors that they’d had a big day on Saturday. I want shows to stay alive.

Bought a Colt A2 grip, and a Magpul MOE SL handguard in Sand that will get a dye job eventually.

Saw the $2499 Colts, that haven’t moved at any of the last several shows.

Saw the guy selling Black Guns Matter shirts and talked to him for a bit. Not affiliated with Maj Toure; came up with the idea independently.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    C&J Ammo ( iirc)was there with usual seletion.@New Normal. Guy imeadately next to door with his usual New Normal plus $5 or 10 . Some more medium-ish sized sellers in Second Building . Plus the usual people mainly with other 'stuff" , but modest selection of ammo also .

But indeed , little shotshell selection other than occasional Slug o r Buck .

But indeed

Ravitch

Feb 28, 2021
    Cape St. Claire
    I went Sunday, took my bulldog. She was a great hit and loved the attention. I spent over an hour moving through the first half of the main building, with her stopping to soak up the affection every few steps. She loved every second of it but ultimately ran out of steam. I had to take her home and return without. Was glad to see the high attendance.
    Started looking at the 80% build kits for the first time. Interesting how the threat of our second amendment rights being infringed makes something suddenly interesting to me.
    I visited three tables, got three different points of view on the builds, the better types, and what a full build kit includes, and prices. From $660.00 to $600.00. I had done zero research on the products, I don't even know much about Glock's, so didn't buy. Got some good info from a few of the sales guys. And good advice from an attendee ( I think its good advice).
    He recommended I don't use a build kit gun as a concealed carry. Lack of manufacturer serial number if nothing else will add to my explaining time if ever had to produce it in a legal situation.

Regardless, now I am interested in purchasing one. Any recommendations for purchasing a complete build kit?

I saw those same build kits, and knowing nothing really about them except the general concept of build kits it had me wondering what the draw is, as I can buy the real thing cheaper than the kit. Is it just having a gun off the books? Or is there some other build kit benefit I'm missing? I'm genuinely curious about the draw to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom