• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    They are striking while the iron is hot.

Too bad the GOP didn't do the same four years ago with bills like national reciprocity and federal pre-emption of protection of the second amendment.
    That's because the gop don't give 2 f's about the 2nd amendment or most of the constitution, until election season rolls around. This type of legislation is inevitable and I bet it won't sunset this time. It's pretty obvious that there will be nationwide gun laws very similar to what we have here in MD. Moving to VA, WV, TN wherever won't do much good anymore.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Thank the good people of california, including their gun owners, who voted repeatedly for this hag and kept her in the Senate. Also thank them for keeping Nancy in office all these years.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    When you consider that people who already own the "prohibited weapons" number in the MILLIONS or perhaps even the HUNDREDS of millions, and is grandfathered in, this bill is an enormous waste of time.
    There's already enough prohibited weapons to equip a standing army the size of China. So eliminating them going forward does...what, exactly? Nothing.

I'll share a dirty secret with you guys. Years ago, I used to think that a law like this was OK, made sense and I apologize for that. I've seen enough studies to show that laws like this are the equivalent of trying to put toothpaste back into the tube and I've gained a better understanding of our Constitution to know that it's unlawful in the first place.

I guess my point is, politicians excel at marketing these laws to non-gun owning voters. Since the voters are uneducated, these laws sound pretty good on the surface without looking too deeply into them so voters elect the politicians who make these laws part of their platform.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I guess my point is, politicians excel at marketing these laws to non-gun owning voters. Since the voters are uneducated, these laws sound pretty good on the surface without looking too deeply into them so voters elect the politicians who make these laws part of their platform.

Bills like this don't have much to do with voters. The number of voters who vote based on gun control issues is pretty small. This is about placating big party donors. They're the ones who pay attention to how much attention their Reps and Senators give to their pet projects.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I was just able to order 2 "budget" 80% lowers from...80% Lowers.

Fvck the Fed and the state. I'll poke my finger in both their eyes at the same time- 80% lowers for the upcoming "ghost gun ban" in the state, and the Federal AWB.
    I had absolutely no plans to buy or build any black rifles until this BS.

Just like Progressive identity politics are making a whole new generation of racists, unconstitutional gun laws are making arsenals where none previously existed.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I had absolutely no plans to buy or build any black rifles until this BS.

i swear, feinstein, cllinton, obama etc must have offshore bank accounts to collect all the $$$ from the gun manufacturers as a kickback from all the additional guns they sell when this crap come up time and time again.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i like where they don't want collapsible stocks, because they can make the gun more concealable, but then they don't want it threaded for suppressors which make the gun longer...

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    FBI stats for 2018 show 297 homicides by "rifle" nation-wide.
    Meanwhile, there were 672 homicides by "personal" means (the victim was beat to death by hand).
    And in MD, there was ONE homicide by rifle in 2018.

I'm sure that the Honorable Senators Cardin and Van Hollen will listen to our common sense arguments.

Feinstein must be getting input from her Chinese chauffer-spy. Why has she not been charged with treason?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    FBI stats for 2018 show 297 homicides by "rifle" nation-wide.
    Meanwhile, there were 672 homicides by "personal" means (the victim was beat to death by hand).
    And in MD, there was ONE homicide by rifle in 2018.

I'm sure that the Honorable Senators Cardin and Van Hollen will listen to our common sense arguments.

Feinstein must be getting input from her Chinese chauffer-spy. Why has she not been charged with treason?

They couldn't care less about this or any other statistic. Their minds are made up. The more honest ones will even tell you that there is no sense in trying to confuse them with the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom