• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Feinstein must be getting input from her Chinese chauffer-spy. Why has she not been charged with treason?

Doesn't someone need to be mentally competent in order to be criminally liable for their actions?

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Allen brings up a point that has been floating in my brain.

Lately, Feinstein's mental competency has been questioned even by her own staffers, apparently. She makes Biden look alert and competent. I seriously think that she is a mental potato occupying an office built on her years of brand-name marketing and that people are drafting legislation and having her sign it, just as a Nigerian scammer would convince and elderly person to sign away their retirement checks.

I actually don't believe that this legislation came from her. It may not have even been written by anyone in her office.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD

Lately, Feinstein's mental competency has been questioned even by her own staffers, apparently. She makes Biden look alert and competent. I seriously think that she is a mental potato occupying an office built on her years of brand-name marketing and that people are drafting legislation and having her sign it, just as a Nigerian scammer would convince and elderly person to sign away their retirement checks.

I actually don't believe that this legislation came from her. It may not have even been written by anyone in her office.

That's true of nearly all legislation. The senators and congressmen don't even take the time to read most bills.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Agree, but it’s getting close. The gap is only 9 votes or so. Depends on how many switch sides.

I was just stunned that 8 Republicans defected and voted on HR-1446.

I really thought the RINO talk was vicious and unwarranted. Now, I'm not so sure. How the hell can you call yourself a conservative while voting for these bills?

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Something like this BS passes I believe ~85% of political fund raising goes away. Not sure the politicians are ready for that. It’s a crap shoot what the courts, Supreme Court included, would do. We are certainly heading for a showdown. fred55

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    One or two folks are saying they need 60 votes in the Senate, don't they need only 51 votes to pass it?

I thought they needed 60/66 (2/3s majority) to override a veto?

It's been a while, and they may have passed legislation to change the requirements.

Q

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    One or two folks are saying they need 60 votes in the Senate, don't they need only 51 votes to pass it?

I thought they needed 60/66 (2/3s majority) to override a veto?

It's been a while, and they may have passed legislation to change the requirements.

Q
    If they don't scrap the filibuster, then 60. Manchin is being pressured to join in voting to get rid of the filibuster and allow things to pass by simple majority. A lot of bad swings on machines resolve to not scrap the filibuster.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    If they don't scrap the filibuster, then 60. Manchin is being pressured to join in voting to get rid of the filibuster and allow things to pass by simple majority. A lot of bad swings on machines resolve to not scrap the filibuster.

Ah, thanks for the info.

Q

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Who will be the Dem that is "on the fence"? I think useful information will be which one will be the most vulnerable to sign on to this and how can we make life difficult for that individual (donate to competition for the 2022 election). Be it competition from an R or another D in the primaries. I'm all in for paying protesters to lawfully picket these people. I can help fund that.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well,

Attachments

• buryAR.jpg
      buryAR.jpg
      75.1 KB · Views: 463

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

I thought everyone knew Legislation is written by Lobbyists.:sad20::innocent0

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Who will be the Dem that is "on the fence"? I think useful information will be which one will be the most vulnerable to sign on to this and how can we make life difficult for that individual (donate to competition for the 2022 election). Be it competition from an R or another D in the primaries. I'm all in for paying protesters to lawfully picket these people. I can help fund that.

Assuming the Dems don’t suicidally kill the filibuster, the question isn’t which waffling D to target, it’s which ten or so invertebrate Rs to target. Because with the filibuster in place, the Ds need a fistful of ten Rs to make this happen.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Long past time for some of these characters to swim with the fishes.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Bills like this don't have much to do with voters. The number of voters who vote based on gun control issues is pretty small. This is about placating big party donors. They're the ones who pay attention to how much attention their Reps and Senators give to their pet projects.

Yes. She is kissing Michael Bloomberg azz or doing something extra to get his money.

Jan 13, 2020

She's plenty competent, I don't know what you're talking about! See evidence: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/article248666375.html

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    How about they do something really useful and expel Senators and Congressmen who had direct relationships with Chicom spies - examples: as their drivers, their Fang-Fangs, etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom