• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A Tanfoglio Witness in 10mm is on my want list for the semi-near future, with a simple conversion to SA/DA afterwards.
    787793-EAA_Corp_Tanfoglio_Witness_Elite_Match_9mm_Pistol_Stainless_600660.jpg

I mentioned these in the other thread. I have never shot one, but they have a very dedicated, if not cult-like, following in the 10mm world.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I mentioned these in the other thread. I have never shot one, but they have a very dedicated, if not cult-like, following in the 10mm world.

It's pretty much a CZ75 clone buffed/tuned-up for 10mm. I can see why that would have a passionate following. Dammit, now I'm curious. Though I bet that Witness is a lot more chunky to carry around the woods all day than a G20 or P80 variant.

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    I want to add a 10mm to the collection.
    I have a sa trp acp 45. Thinking of the trp in 10mm.
    Any suggestions?

Have the TRP in 10mm. Great shooter, and it's been very reliable so far (100%, but only ~200 rounds through it). A little heavy, but weight definitely helps with the recoil and follow-up shots when you're shooting Underwood, or other full 10mm loads.

Edit: So far I've shot mostly federal and fiocchi, and a box of the Underwood ammo I use (Extreme Defender) if it's in a self/home defense role. All ran fine.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    That SA TRP in 10mm is on my wish list for sure...gorgeous gun.
    If you've got the $$$, I think Dan Wesson is the way to go. They really hit the sweet spot on price/quality IMO, and if you're Military or LEO/First Responder, they have a pretty attractive discount purchasing program. They specifically ask that prices not be posted, but I can tell you that it put my Dan Wesson flagship model - the Valor - within reach of what I was planning to pay for the Springfield - something like $150.

I now own two DW 1911s, and I'm hooked. No MIM parts, everything is tight, the slides are like butter, and the triggers break cleanly at right around 3-3.5 lbs. They've also eaten every single type of ammo I've thrown at them from 230 gr RN Ball, to reloaded 200 gr lead semi-wadcutters. Literally not one single hiccup yet out of either pistol.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    If you've got the $$$, I think Dan Wesson is the way to go. They really hit the sweet spot on price/quality IMO, and if you're Military or LEO/First Responder, they have a pretty attractive discount purchasing program. They specifically ask that prices not be posted, but I can tell you that it put my Dan Wesson flagship model - the Valor - within reach of what I was planning to pay for the Springfield - something like $150.

I now own two DW 1911s, and I'm hooked. No MIM parts, everything is tight, the slides are like butter, and the triggers break cleanly at right around 3-3.5 lbs. They've also eaten every single type of ammo I've thrown at them from 230 gr RN Ball, to reloaded 200 gr lead semi-wadcutters. Literally not one single hiccup yet out of either pistol.

Does prior military count or only active duty?

Me want....

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Does prior military count or only active duty?

Me want....
    That I don't know offhand - it could be that a DD214 would do it. I'm currently in the NG, so I just did the basic thing with the ID card, and that was that.

Looking back through my email history, I don't think I ever actually asked if I qualified or not, or what the stipulations were - I think I just sent my email with my creds.

You could send them a note and inquire - the worst they could do is tell you no.

lesales@cz-usa.com

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    No other platform will give you the reliability, durability, recoil mitigation, and capacity as a G20. I’m not even a Glock guy, but the facts are the facts. Mine ate the hottest Underwood loads like they were candy.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    No other platform will give you the reliability, durability, recoil mitigation, and capacity as a G20. I’m not even a Glock guy, but the facts are the facts.
    Recoil mitigation? How about anything with a steel frame? Recoil is based in part on sheer physics - the harder the bullet is pushing on the way out means the harder it pushes back. When you have more weight, it takes more to push it.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Recoil mitigation? How about anything with a steel frame? Recoil is based in part on sheer physics - the harder the bullet is pushing on the way out means the harder it pushes back. When you have more weight, it takes more to push it.

The polymer absorbs the recoil by flexing. I’ve used a 1911 10mm and a G20 and the G20 felt like it tamed recoil better. The 10mm also beats up the 1911 platform. Many, like the Delta Elite have had problems through the years holding up to the 10mm, not the Glock. You know I’m a 1911 guy, but not for full power 10mm loads.

I hope that Silverback is serving you well.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    haha

No other platform will give you the reliability, durability, recoil mitigation, and capacity as a G20. I’m not even a Glock guy, but the facts are the facts. Mine ate the hottest Underwood loads like they were candy.

Did not realize Glock made an Underwood Pez dispenser.. :) Not a bad thing...

I have a great friend here would built out a 10MM G20. Beautiful firearm and feels good in the hand.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The polymer absorbs the recoil by flexing. I’ve used a 1911 10mm and a G20 and the G20 felt like it tamed recoil better. The 10mm also beats up the 1911 platform. Many, like the Delta Elite have had problems through the years holding up to the 10mm, not the Glock. You know I’m a 1911 guy, but not for full power 10mm loads.

I hope that Silverback is serving you well.
    Ok - I can submit to that. I just hate to give Glock the nod for anything if I can help it! :lol2: I have to admit though, even though I've never owned one, any time someone comes to me asking me what I think would be a good pistol would be to get, the very first thing I tell them is "Glock," and for a lot of very good reasons, the first two of which are reliability and simplicity.

The Silverback is awesome - sent you a PM.

Mdiesel

Sep 21, 2018
    Thanks for the responses. I read and watched reviews on the ones posted. And others. I’m thinking 1911 as round capacity doesn’t matter

Thanks
    Matt

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Even if you are lukewarm to Glocks generally , the G20 family is best platform for * Enthusiastic * 10mm loads , and overall durability .

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    It's pretty much a CZ75 clone buffed/tuned-up for 10mm. I can see why that would have a passionate following. Dammit, now I'm curious. Though I bet that Witness is a lot more chunky to carry around the woods all day than a G20 or P80 variant.

CZ Custom does a 10mm version of the CZ 97 B, which is itself a bulked-up big brother of the CZ 75 B in .45 ACP.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/12/03/tfb-review-czc-97bd-10mm-pistol/

Seems like it would be pretty easy for CZ to do an official factory version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIK6cFPevmE

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    And do some research on 1911 platform 10mm’s breaking. The Colt Delta Elite had a lot of problems.

The problem with Delta Elites occurred during the prototype testing...the slide lock lever hole developed cracks at the rails. The solution was to simply make vertical cuts and eliminate it as a hole...no more issues. That was corrected before production began but it would not be surprising if some early frames got out without the modification. The idea of it being a big problem is completely overblown. It was dealt with early and quickly.

Using the polymer recoil rod and dual recoil springs also helped in reducing any potential frame battering.

454shooter

LARGE Caliber
    Jun 20, 2020
    Harford County
    I had an early Colt Delta Elite 10mm...back in the late 80's, very early 90's...as stated, the aft slide lock "hole" was machined as a "slot"...no cracks/breakage issues with the correct recoil spring. I wish I had not sold that gun now....

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I went with the EAA P-Match Pro 10mm, should have just done the P-Match, the double action trigger is hEAVy and long. Just carried in condition 1 anyways. Henning group makes mag extension bringing the mag capacity to 19. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom