My Stoeger M3000 ! She's a beaut!

stoeger-m3000-defense-12ga-18-shotgun.jpg

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton

Hoons

May 15, 2019
    Good choice, mine has been 100% reliable. I installed the taccom extension tube carbon fiber. I dont have experience with the kit, hope someone here can help you out

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton
    With the MOA kit also, I added a two shell extension tube. That was the longest that would not go longer than the short barrel I have, but seven shells is ok with me. I also put in the Aluminum Follower to replace the Plastic one [that's the little piece between the spring and the shells]. And lastly I put in a new fancy Charging Handle. Those three things were either obvious or on YouTube.

How long is your barrel and how many extra shells fit your extension?

Carter McCoy

High Standard K-1200
    Jul 7, 2020
    Crofton
    Oh nice! I guess that is for hunting? I ask because I like to shoot clays but mine is an 18" barrel and I'm trying to decide which longer barrel to get to improve hit rate, 24, 26 or 28 inch. I guess 28 is the way to go, but if you can hit clays with a 24 I might go with that. Thanks!

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I put a turkey choke on a riot gun once definitely helped shooting clays.

Oh nice! I guess that is for hunting? I ask because I like to shoot clays but mine is an 18" barrel and I'm trying to decide which longer barrel to get to improve hit rate, 24, 26 or 28 inch. I guess 28 is the way to go, but if you can hit clays with a 24 I might go with that. Thanks!

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Been wanting to get one for my son.Had a chance before Christmas wish I would have bought it then ,had it in my hands . Figured ahhh later now I can’t find one for 500 .should have bought it then

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    The only thing I would add to that kit is a better extractor. I think it was the Benelli M2 I added to my 28” and I love it. It’s a great fun for the marsh during waterfowl.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    i have a 3500 i use for waterfowl , works great , needs to be halfway clean ie , don't not clean it between shoots .

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Got one ! Seen this thread other day and renewed my interest. Road up to store they had one , yep had one. Delayed of course , so took the hour ride next day. Nice shotgun hopefully shoot it this weekend. With all that said I mainly bought for my son to use bird hunting ( ducks ,turkeys and such ) is he allowed? Am I allowed to let him use it. Would it be considered a transfer in some idiots mind in Annapolis/ nowadays ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom