• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I have spent most of my past week researching and crafting an effective oral testimony to share with the Texas Legislature House Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee during the hearings on several Constitutional Carry or permitless carry bills scheduled for Thursday, March 25, 2021. I have pestered my district Representative about supporting the bill, contacted my Sheriff to ask him to chime in, shared news about the upcoming hearings with anyone who shows the slightest interest, offered rides to the Capitol, etc. I think I've done all that I can for the moment.

Time to turn things over to the Heavenly RSO. Any short prayer or good thoughts that the Texas Legislature will finally act like the Texans they claim to be while campaigning will be most welcome.

I miss you guys! The spirited banter and free exchange of information on this forum can be found nowhere else. I owe so many of you so much for sharing your knowledge and experience, both in general gun lore and in how best to contend with legicritters. When I asked myself, "What more can I do?" you bunch of MDShooters denizens came immediately to mind.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My prayers to Jesus for your success and for the lives and homes of those on the border that are being sacrificed just to rob honest hardworking Americans, especially those that sacrificed to come to this country legally to work, of their right to self determination.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The folks down here have usually been amazed at my tales of gun bill hearings going on until early morning hours. I think we may be looking at a new record here tonight/morning/whatever. Hearing started at 10:15 AM. They didn't get around to the first gun bill until after 9:00 PM. First Constitutional Carry bill was started sometime around 11:30 PM. Testimony is still being delivered on the first of four bills at 1:45 AM.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Testimony on first of four ConCarry bills concluded at 3:25 AM, followed by another gun bill and three more ConCarry, with hearing ending at 5:40 AM.

Stats of folks signed up to testify on ConCarry:

Favor - 196
    Oppose -33
    Neutral - 2

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Texas, thanks to the fears over the China virus, has instituted a new online testimony system for those unable or unwilling to come to Austin to testify in person. The testimony on just one of the four Constitutional Carry bills ran to 483 pages. I have not tabulated a precise Support:Oppose ratio but if the returns on this bill run along the same track as those submitted on other gun bills, this was a landslide. Testimony on one anti-gun bill got 33 pages of comments, with only 7-8 comments in support.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Two of the four Constitutional Carry bills were voted out of committee with favorable reports by a 6-3 party line vote.
    They are now sitting in the Calendars committee waiting to be scheduled for a floor vote in the Texas House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom