• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    Ok The "new to me" barrel i just purchased from a pawn shop that was identified as a Moss 500 28" Field barrel, does not fit my Moss 500? Stock, my Moss is 8(7+1) shot with 18.5" barrel. It seems that the mag tube is too long to allow me to set the barrel into the action, does that mean that I need to change the mag tube to a 6+1? Also as a side note, besides the box and receipt, how do you identify the shotgun and replacement barrels as being for the 500 series? Although the stamping on the barrel identifies the correct gauge and Mossberg Address, I don't actually see the MossBerg name printed anywhere on the barrels or even the gun action. I do remember the box for the original gun, bought new, saying Mossberg, but other than that, how do you clearly identify except by seeing the MossBerg "Look".

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Good call Pale. Just picked one up from A&D.

Yes you need to change the barrel to a 7+1. A&D are good people, maybe you should return to them. Not sure of the marking, I know Mossbeeg made barrels for Remington, not sure if someone else made barrels for Mossberg.
    So you know the 7+1 configuration is harder to find replacement barrels for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom