• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Well not new- bought this G26 about 10yrs ago- never shot it a lot, recently dusted it off and decided to do some upgrades- ordered the Vickers Tactical Slide Stop and Glock factory extended magazine release. Totally changes the ergonomics and handling and was easy peasy to accomplish without any special tools. My G17 already had both- but highly recommended for all Glocks as a cheap, easy, and practical upgrade.

Attachments

• 23381EA4-330B-4894-B1E0-40121637724D.jpg
      23381EA4-330B-4894-B1E0-40121637724D.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 413

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Very nice. I own a few Glocks. They all get night sights, extended mag release and extended slide stop.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I prefer the more rounded and slightly smaller Vickers mag releases to the factory extended. I do a few things to every GLOCK I get. Vickers slide stop and mag release, night sights(Vickers or Aro-tek), a factory bar with smooth faced trigger(on compacts), polish the bar, radius the safety button, XP trigger spring. Simple inexpensive additions with proven or factory parts, gives a better trigger and controls without really loosing anything. I do like the Magpul magwell on mid size and larger models for the improved grip shape more than anything to do with speeding reloads. For sub compacts, Gap extensions on flat mags handle and grip really well with a short grip, or Xgrip sleeve on longer mags if I want a bigger grip. Not a fan of the factory +2 extensions.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Ive always wondered by everyone always changes out parts on their "perfect" Glocks.:D:D:D

Indeed. I respect Glocks for what they are: cheap, reliable and simple. Investing money in "upgrades" on a Glock is like putting a potent sound system and rims on a Toyota Camry. It is still uninteresting, just an expensive uninteresting.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    6 more days until my 43x is released from MSP jail. Can't wait! She sure is pretty.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ive always wondered by everyone always changes out parts on their "perfect" Glocks.:D:D:D

I'm not a fan of any 1 brand. I particularly don't celebrate Glock, but they finally came out with one that suited me, the 43X.
    I changed out the slide stop to a larger one because I use the stop as a slide release often. The stock one is flat.
    I put a flat Apex trigger in, not because it's "better" than stock, because I really can't tell the difference. But the stock trigger is "ridged" on a rounded face and it was chewing at my finger.

I didn't change parts to make the pistol shoot better. I changed them out to make me shoot more comfortably.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm not a fan of any 1 brand. I particularly don't celebrate Glock, but they finally came out with one that suited me, the 43X.
    I changed out the slide stop to a larger one because I use the stop as a slide release often. The stock one is flat.
    I put a flat Apex trigger in, not because it's "better" than stock, because I really can't tell the difference. But the stock trigger is "ridged" on a rounded face and it was chewing at my finger.

I didn't change parts to make the pistol shoot better. I changed them out to make me shoot more comfortably.

Half my 'Mocks' have plain triggers. The other half have ridged triggers. I cannot feel a difference. I suppose that's a good thing...:)
    My big trigger complaint is a mushy trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom