• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    What do you plan to do with the pistol? Big difference if it's a CCW vs home defense vs range toy, and of course budget. Same with the thumb safety, most striker pistols don't need it, they are designed with sufficient passive safeties, and tend to just slap a thumb safety on as a pointless afterthought. Grip shapes can also vary quite a bit, if you like the "gas pedal" grip with your thumb on a 1911's safety, might be a couple that can replicate that, but many have a higher grip, and the safety isn't in the same spot as a 1911. The best pistol could be a double stack poly framed STI, alloy framed compact 1911, maybe a P365XL, or a dozen others.

WS88

Jan 5, 2021
    Sig P320 would be a good choice. with it being a modular system you could have one pistol you use for multiple applications. from competition, carry, to range work. There are alot of other great pistols out there from CZ to Canik and beyond, but a P320 is a pretty versatile pistol.

PinoyDDragon

Jul 12, 2017
    Thanx every one. Ive narrowed it down to the Sig p365xl or the p365x. After looking around, ill put in a lil extra extra for it. It will come down to actual feel, once i can get one in my hands.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Thanx every one. Ive narrowed it down to the Sig p365xl or the p365x. After looking around, ill put in a lil extra extra for it. It will come down to actual feel, once i can get one in my hands.

I can second the 365 Sigs, whatever model floats your boat. I actually researched and shopped for one before all this latest frenzied nonsense. I watched a fellow shoot use one for grins and giggles at a club steel match. That little gun shooting that well got my attention (shooter, too, of course). And this is from a guy who doesn't stew too much over little guns.

The only smaller gun in my semiauto smaller gun battery I would shoot over that is the CCO 1911 I built. Commander slide on an Officer size frame and slightly round butt'd. Shoots great, too. Its a little larger but is confidence inspiring.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I just got a XDS Mod 2 9mm OSP with included CT red dot. Love the feel of this gun. I have big hands and for a subcompact it fits my hand great. Great value too.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I love these questions. On a forum like this it is like "What do you like better? Blondes, brunettes, redhead..."

H&K. No Compromise. It’s a busty supermodel who has never had cosmetic surgery and loves you for you.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So I currently have a RAI M1911-A1 MS. I really like the size of it but def want something lighter. I had a Glock 43 and the I did not like the size (mainly the Grip length) was too small for me. The mag with the pinky extension helped but was still not really a fan. So what I'm looking for is something kind of in-between. Feature/spec wise:
    9mm
    polymer frame
    manual safety
    NOT a glock.

Any recommendations will help while I research more.
    OP, see below.
    H&K. No Compromise. It’s a busty supermodel who has never had cosmetic surgery and loves you for you.
    ^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!

Also if you ever think you might want to put a can on a pistol, HK makes a excellent host for suppressors.

Tachyon

Jul 10, 2013
    Since you mentioned the Glock 43, but you were unhappy with the grip length, I would consider the Glock 43x.

Another possibility would be the P365XL.

If you can accept the small increase in bulk, you could add a Hogue, Pachmayer, or similar, grip sleeve. This would increase your gripping and give a wonderful fit, though it would lessen the concealability.

LeeM88

Mar 2, 2021
    Either a Springfield XDs 9 mod2 or a Hellcat would fit your needs nicely. Simply pick the correct magazine for your hand.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    IMO, if you are going to carry, get the P365. Smaller than the X or XL. But still very comfortable to shoot.

First range trip, I put 200 rounds through mine, and would have shot more, except that was all I took. If someone has told me that I would have EVER put 200 rounds through a subcompact in a since session, I would not have believed.

There are guys on Sig Talk form that over a year ago had over 8,000 (yes, 8 THOUSAND) rounds through their 365s.

The XL does feel better in the store, but the 365 is FINE when you shoot. And smaller.

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    Glock 43x

Since you mentioned the Glock 43, but you were unhappy with the grip length, I would consider the Glock 43x.

Another possibility would be the P365XL.

If you can accept the small increase in bulk, you could add a Hogue, Pachmayer, or similar, grip sleeve. This would increase your gripping and give a wonderful fit, though it would lessen the concealability.

I own a 43x, but I'm by no means a Glock fan boy. That being said, I have a ton of respect for this pistol.
    When used with Shield Arms 15 round magazines this gun is tough, if not impossible to beat in terms of overall size and capacity.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I like the fact that in 4 pages of replies there's only one asking what the OP wants to do with the pistol. 8-)

Because, y'know, it makes a difference if OP is looking for a range toy or a HD bedside gun or something for concealed carry or...

Sounds like he's settled on the Sig P365 though, so that's fine. I've heard people like those so probably a good choice.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I like the fact that in 4 pages of replies there's only one asking what the OP wants to do with the pistol. 8-)

Because, y'know, it makes a difference if OP is looking for a range toy or a HD bedside gun or something for concealed carry or...

Sounds like he's settled on the Sig P365 though, so that's fine. I've heard people like those so probably a good choice.

Analysis paralysis is what we have when the choices are plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom