• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • makijo

May 31, 2013
    Catonsville
    I don't wear expensive Italian suits or have an abundance of expendable income. I have a comfortable, well paying job and it is something that I wanted so I bought it. I then modified it to my liking.

Attachments

• rd57_2.jpg
      rd57_2.jpg
      98.6 KB · Views: 236

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    FN 5.7 was developed as part of a weapons system of the pistol and the P90 PDW using the same ammo.

The idea was to replace 9mm NATO pistols and submachine guns/carbines for support troops. NATO was looking for a complete system and replacing the 9mm due to the higher use of body armor.

HK developed the 4.6x30 cartridge for the same use ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_4.6×30mm ). But the 5.7 was better in testing.

The Chinese developed the 5.8x21 DAP that they use in a pistol and submachinegun. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.8×21mm

CZW (subsidiary of CZ) developed the 4.38x30 Libra. And others.

Here is what NATO was looking for:

NATO requests for a replacement for the 9×19mm Parabellum cartridge and associated pistols and submachine guns.[1] NATO called for two types of weapons chambered for a new cartridge—one a shoulder-fired weapon, and the other a handheld weapon.[1] According to NATO, these new weapons, termed personal defense weapons (PDWs), were to provide "personal protection in last-resort situations when the user is directly endangered by the enemy [...]." In 1989, NATO published document D/296, outlining a number of preliminary specifications for these weapons:

The new cartridge was to have greater range, accuracy, and terminal performance than the 9×19mm cartridge. Additionally, it was to be capable of penetrating certain types of body armor.

The shoulder-fired personal defense weapon was to weigh less than 3 kg (6.6 lb), with a magazine capacity of at least 20 rounds.

The handheld personal defense weapon (pistol) was to weigh less than 1 kg (2.2 lb), although a weight of 700 g (1.5 lb) was deemed desirable; it was to have a magazine capacity of no fewer than 20 rounds.

Both weapons were to be sufficiently compact to be carried hands-free on the user's person at all times, whether in the cab of a vehicle or the cockpit of an aircraft, and were to perform effectively in all environments and weather conditions.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Comrade WGramon is wise in sistemas of firearm technologies. If need to shoot through vest of armor, is to use advanced Tokarev pistol. Soviet Union invent and field cartridge to penetrate armor while backward capitalists not invent armor yet! And if get right grips with star, is to look like star of Great Patriotic War!

If is to want more modern pistol of modern sistema, is to acquire PSM pistol. If know Mafiya contact, can be purchased without trouble.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    FN 5.7 was developed as part of a weapons system of the pistol and the P90 PDW using the same ammo.

The idea was to replace 9mm NATO pistols and submachine guns/carbines for support troops. NATO was looking for a complete system and replacing the 9mm due to the higher use of body armor.

The FN57 also pairs very nice with an AR57 upper with 6" barrel and a suppressor on an M16 or registered receiver. :D

Attachments

• AR57-6.jpg
      AR57-6.jpg
      6.7 KB · Views: 193

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Right now everything is expensive and in short supply , so that part of the field is level .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    MAIN POINT OF SELLING BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS EXTREME PRICE OF WEAPON AND CARTRIDGE.

BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON OF MAN WHO WEARS EXPENSIVE ITALIAN FASCIST SUIT OF HAND SEWING, DRIVE HUGE EXPENSIVE NAZI MERCEDES OF A.M.G. SHOP, SAIL ON MASSIVE YACHT TO GREEK ISLANDS. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON THAT SAYS IS NO SUCH THING AS CONCERN OF MONEY.

FOR MAN WITHOUT EXPENSIVE SUIT, BIG BLACK MERCEDES, AND MASSIVE YACHT, BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE RICH LIKE BLACK GANGSTER OF AMERICAN CITY WITH GOLD CHAINS OF LOW QUALITY AND JEWELS OF COLORED GLASS. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN USE OF BELGIAN FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS ONLY FOR SHOOT MAN WITH BULLET VEST WITH CARTRIDGE ILLEGAL TO CIVILIAN, THIS MAN HAS NUCLEAR RAGE. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN PRETEND PISTOL SHOWS HE IS RICH. IS VERY AMUSE.

FOR REST OF WORLD THERE IS 9 MILLIMETERS OF LUGER WHICH IS SAME WOUND FOR COST LESS.

Conversely

MAIN POINT OF SELLING RUGER FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS COMPARATIVELY REASONABLE PRICE OF WEAPON.

RUGER FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON OF MAN WHO WEARS WRANGLER JEANS OF WALMART, DRIVE SENSIBLE 4 DOOR OF TOYOTA, SAIL ON USED JET SKI TO NEARBY LAKE. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. RUGER FIVE SEVEN IS WEAPON THAT SAYS EXPENDABLE INCOME IS OF EXISTENCE, BUT BUDGET IS STILL CONCERN.

FOR MAN WITHOUT JEANS, CAMRY, AND 1993 YAMAHA WAVERUNNER, RUGER FIVE SEVEN IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE RICH MAN WHO WEARS EXPENSIVE ITALIAN FASCIST SUIT OF HAND SEWING, DRIVE HUGE EXPENSIVE NAZI MERCEDES OF A.M.G. SHOP, SAIL ON MASSIVE YACHT TO GREEK ISLANDS. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN USE OF RUGER FIVE SEVEN PISTOL IS ONLY FOR SHOOT PAPER TARGET WITH SILHOUETTE OF MAN WITH CARTRIDGE NEW TO CIVILIAN, THIS MAN NOD IN AGREEMENT. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN LIVING WITHIN HIS MEANS. PISTOL SHOWS HE IS AVERAGE. IS VERY MUNDANE.

FOR REST OF WORLD THERE IS 9 MILLIMETERS OF LUGER WHICH IS SAME WOUND FOR COST LESS BUT NOT AS NICHE OR ENTERTAINING.

Why are you yelling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Once you retire, you can start your own firearms museum curator.

Actually, I just bought a C&R piece from a guy near Philly that is doing just that. We spent quite a bit of time talking about his intention to open up a museum on his property. Me... I don't like people that much, so probably not :innocent0

Just checked... I'm at 65 not counting black powder calibers... your thread on .327 Mag has me thinking about another one. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom