• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    My goal is to hit 100 different calibers in my collection... gotta hustle to hit this stretch goal.

I think I want to go the other direction and have one hundred guns all the same caliber. Keep my life simple.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    As a gamer the FN 5.7 is legendary, as a shooter I found it the gun was dated. Poor ergonomics, magazine safety, poor trigger, not able to be supressed, and over priced. The ruger does everything better and cheaper what’s not to like. If only they come out with a factory threaded version.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    As a gamer the FN 5.7 is legendary, as a shooter I found it the gun was dated. Poor ergonomics, magazine safety, poor trigger, not able to be supressed, and over priced. The ruger does everything better and cheaper what’s not to like. If only they come out with a factory threaded version.
    Since when can't you suppress one? Must have missed that meeting.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    The round has excellent ballistics, very little recoil, high mag capacity, and initially, could defeat most level IIIa body armor. (I think it was IIIa)

The Ruger fixed many of the notable issues that a lot of folks had with the FN. I've shot both, but I don't own either one. That ammo was (now is really way) too expensive.

Last edited:

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Since when can't you suppress one? Must have missed that meeting.

You can, but the cartridge is low mass, high velocity. Suppressor will dampen the firing of the cartridge, but it still breaks the sound barrier the instant it leaves the barrel. If you use slowburning powder and reload, you give up the one thing that makes it desireable, its velocity.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You can, but the cartridge is low mass, high velocity. Suppressor will dampen the firing of the cartridge, but it still breaks the sound barrier the instant it leaves the barrel. If you use slowburning powder and reload, you give up the one thing that makes it desireable, its velocity.

Yeap, like subsonic .223. Might as well shoot one of the heavy bullet .22 LR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom