• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • During the past week, I finally started loading 9mm ammo.
    I have deprimed, resized, and hand primed over 1000 pieces of 9mm brass. I have also loaded ~500rds of live ammo.
    Aguila brass has a good, firm primer pocket and the brass case itself is crimped, leaving me a good visual zone of where the powder charge should be. Yeah, it doesn't tell me my weight, but it is a really good visual representation of whether there is something clearly wrong with the powder charge. I'm inclined to save a couple hundred cases so when teaching another new reloader they can more easily get a feel for where the powder level should be.
    Are there any other Aguila 9mm brass fanboys here?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've used Aquila 9mm and .45 loaded ammo off and on for twenty-five years or more...never found fault with them. They were always accurate and clean burning and reasonably priced. I used the .45s in matches and found them more than adequate for such use.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Only issue I have with Aguila is their subsonic 22lr. Super under powered. Fails to cycle my 10/22 sometimes. Over the chrono rounds from two boxes (same batch though) are generating between 820 and 906fps with a 40gr bullet.

Otherwise I’ve generally had good results with all of their ammo.

I’ve got 500 pieces of primed 30 carbine Aguila brass waiting for powder and bullets.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It's good brass. When I loaded +p+ stuff for a zb26 (and an open gun) I tended to use specifically s&b brass because I had lots of it and it had very tight primer pockets. Made the overpressure loads easy to ID visually.

If you are loading different pressure levels or even different bullet weights with similar external profiles sorting by headstamp is one good way to differentiate.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I got a batch that had flash holes that were not centered in the primer pocket. Seemed like most of the case was like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom