• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Optics Planet: we ship when we feel like it if we feel like it; your order may be cancelled in 5 or 6 weeks if you keep complaining

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    They do say clearly that it USUALLY ships in 1-2 weeks, they still claim they are in stock, so we will just have to see how they do this time. Fingers crossed they are trying to improve their customer service rating and I get a reasonable ship date.

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    Well lo and behold, I just got UPS tracking for my order, fingers still crossed, but not too pissed that it shipped 7 days after order for that price for LPVO and mount.

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    Update:
    I got the scope in just under 2 weeks from order date, got the Vortex inch pound torque screwdriver, mounted it and went to the field to sight in. I can say without reservation that I am very happy with this 1-8x24 and can now see that the rifle is capable of MOA and even half MOA at 200 yards which surprised me not only for the rifle and cheap ammo, but also my ability to shoot it. I had a number of MOA to 3 MOA groups on the very first day shooting with it so I am stoked.

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    Sounds great. What caliber & ammo?

It is a PSA AR-10, and even though the specs are reasonable I didn't expect it to shoot this accurate, after all it isn't a precision rifle.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...el-15-lightweight-m-lok-str-ssa-e-rifle2.html

I am getting the best groups out of Magtech 7.62 NATO M80 Ball 147G and much worse groups out of IMI 7.62 NATO M80 Ball 147G, I haven't tried shooting any of the decent 308 I have since I only have a couple hundred rounds of it (prices) and about 800/500 of the Magtech/IMI. I know the Magtech was brand new manufacture but I think the IMI is a few years old.

MRH

Never sell your sword
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 5, 2020
    Chesapeake Bay
    For those following the thread, if you're a veteran Govx has some occasional good deals as well. They carry Vortex.

https://www.govx.com/m/414/vortex-optics

I checked govx a lot before I purchased, I kept getting emails from them saying they had what I wanted, but when I went to the site they didn't actually have the model they said they did. In the end their price wasn't as good as where I purchased, but I continue to check with them first just in case.

PeteW

Feb 10, 2021
    Westminster
    When it comes to govx, I don't think the deals on vortex are great, but I think their price on pelican cases is the best I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom