• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    Just do nothing. Do not comply. Let it go to court that the federal government is seizing previously lawful firearms and making people felons over night.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I'm not too familiar with the terminology being thrown around. I bought it legally in the state of Maryland. Until such time as I am directly notified that something I legality bought is now illegal, I have zero intention of taking any steps to rectify the issue.

Once I'm directly notified, then I'll have some decisions to make. But until then, meh...

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I'm not too familiar with the terminology being thrown around. I bought it legally in the state of Maryland. Until such time as I am directly notified that something I legality bought is now illegal, I have zero intention of taking any steps to rectify the issue.

Once I'm directly notified, then I'll have some decisions to make. But until then, meh...

Agree. I honestly doubt you will have to worry about it unless you intend to commit a crime. Other than the crime of illegal possession of course..

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Well, if I were to use an "illegal" gun to legally defend myself I would have a problem.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Go brace-less like the early days of AR pistols. A rubber crutch tip is not a stock.

I bet an annoyed ATF agent would still be happy to arrest you if you drew the wrong guy.

It is a good thing I don't own any guns because it would suck to have purchased a legal pistol with brace in a state like Maryland or Connecticut where the State would be traking those.

I actually wonder about CT because as far as I know the only legal non pre ban ARs they have are the others with barrel over 12, a vertical foregrip, and no stock but braces are OK.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    What options would you have if you have an AR pistol with a 5.5” barrel (18.75”-23.5”) and braces are banned?
    From my understanding it would be to small to make SBR in MD?

As others point out, go pre-brace. I have a 7.5 inch AR pistol with the old style pistol buffer tube with foam end. It was assembled before the brace issue was resolved so it is something of a old school AR pistol. It is actually a handy gun. Sighting it from the cheek is actually rather comfortable.

Matt

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    This guy got his P90 approved with his extended stock. So I think anything is fine.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=212735

Just wish there were more off the shelf options available for non-AR platforms.

A telestock to take a mechanism like that could easily be 3D printed to go on any AR buffer tube. Cheap AK underfolder sets would make the effort far easier, but it could be done without.

The other option for 5.56 uppers would be to register it as a 22lr with a conversion kit in place of the BCG. If you're shooting in a different state, where shorter SBRs are not required to be .22lr only, your HBAR and SBR could swap bolts.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    A telestock to take a mechanism like that could easily be 3D printed to go on any AR buffer tube. Cheap AK underfolder sets would make the effort far easier, but it could be done without.

The other option for 5.56 uppers would be to register it as a 22lr with a conversion kit in place of the BCG. If you're shooting in a different state, where shorter SBRs are not required to be .22lr only, your HBAR and SBR could swap bolts.

Maybe just an existing ACR or zhukov stock with a 3D printed back end with many more positions printed for Picatinny mounted stocks.

Seems doable. Just no one mass producing for this narrow market base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom