• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    Full text of bill is at: https://legiscan.com/WV/text/HB2499/2021

tl;dr version: Small arms and ammunition manufacturers are now exempt from most state corporate taxes, and retail sales of small arms and ammunition are no longer subject to sales taxes (GunBroker please update your records for firearms shipped into WV).

The bill was signed 4/8/21 and goes into effect in 90 days.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    One of these days, every company like Ruger is going to pick up and move to someplace like TX, TN, KY or WV. So, WV is upping their ante. Manufacturing of that type would be welcome with open arms in WV, and the more the merrier. Going to be interesting to watch.

mcmilbra

Feb 23, 2021
    Been looking to buy some property in WV, Gun Laws there are like day and night when it comes to Marylands.

454shooter

LARGE Caliber
    Jun 20, 2020
    Harford County
    The beautiful state of WV is on my VERY short list of places to retire in the near future....for many reasons. I despise MD.....for many reasons.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    now, that's incredible!! there is NO reason any or all of the other states couldn't be as 2a friendly as WV. it's just common sense, don't deny or infringe on rights of law-abiding citizens, but when crims have proven they are crims, put and keep them in jail.

it's just exhausting to have our states and fed constantly try to deny us our rights, and it's very refreshing with states like WV that leave law-abiding citizens to do as they please.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    This makes it even more attractive to drive to WV for ammunition and arms because the cost is lower and laws less restrictive.

Some Progressive Maryland politician will be along any minute now to explain that Maryland's violent crime problem is WV's fault...

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    This makes it even more attractive to drive to WV for ammunition and arms because the cost is lower and laws less restrictive.

Some Progressive Maryland politician will be along any minute now to explain that Maryland's violent crime problem is WV's fault...

Detroit Michigan already tried that slant years ago claiming that WV was to blame for the shootings going on there. Turns out some folks from WV were in the supply chain for drugs up there and decided to branch out and make lots of straw purchases to ship guns along with the drugs. Had Detroit tackled their gang and drug crime issues properly, the guns would never have made it up that way.

Nov 10, 2020
    Just remember if you leave maryland for another state, say like West Virginia, that state apparently will become just as anti-gun. Yet here we have concrete proof otherwise. Strange.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I’ve been on here for years saying that I can’t wait to go back to my home state of WV where I can once again enjoy my 2nd Amendment rights pretty freely. Several here scoffed and gave the almost universal MD style reply of “It’ll be the same in a matter of time.” and “No reason to move because it just spreads.”’ bs. I was right then and I’m still right because as MD becomes more anti 2A, WV keeps becoming even more pro 2A. As soon as I can get my house on the market and sold, I’m outta this shit hole state and will be enjoying my 2A freedoms in WV. Maryland is a lost cause.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Wondering how much longer it's gonna take for Western MD to just merge into WV

NOVA and central MD can merge to become the new MD, the ultimate liberal utopia. Western MD goes to WV and the Eastern shore goes to VA.

Kinda screwed for Calvert and St Marys though.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I think we can give everything that is inside of a beltway and 10’ on each side of 295 to DC and this state will be much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom