Don't buy the CZ Scorpion EVO carbine from Cabela's!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TerminatorSVT

Aug 26, 2012
    Behind Enemy Lines
    As the title states, don't do it. I purchased it online, waited about 2 weeks, then received the notification to pick it up. Waited in line for 20 minutes and then the Assistant Manager called my number. Told him I was here to pickup the CZ Scorpion EVO carbine. He went back and got it, opened the box, and asked what state I am from. I told him Maryland and he told me he could not transfer it to me. I told him it was Maryland legal and I specifically ordered it with the 10 round mags because they would not transfer the 20 round mag model. Apparently Cabela's policy is that you have to purchase it with a magazine capacity that is legal in your state (they will not remove the mag because I was told they would be "altering the firearm" :sad20:) I learned about the "mag issue" when I tried purchasing the Colt HBAR they offer on their website, as it comes with a 30 round mag. Anyways, he said it had 2 evil features and then proceeded to point to the faux suppressor and folding stock. I told him that it only has one feature, but he didn't care. He also said he called MSP a few days prior and they said the firearm is illegal in MD. After arguing for about 5-10 minutes, I gave up. They issued me a refund.

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    I'm sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience - different result when I ordered the BREN 805 w/10 rd mags from Budsgunshop. Two days after order they emailed and called and said that they would be unable to sell the firearm to me because of the MD restrictions. I told them that is BS and proceeded to read the law to them. I told then that several of the local guns shops have been selling them for months. They put me on hold contacted my FFL who verified my statements, came back on the line and said "SIR! Your order is good to go!" Its unfortunate that Cabella's chose the route that they did. Hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on the EVO soon.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Sorry to hear about your runaround with Cabelas. Just another reason to buy local. I know most bordering states have better inventory, price etc. But driving up then pissing in the wind a big box store manager is a no win situation. I would think your cost saving were not that much?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Balt Best Pawn in Finksburg has one in stock if they are close to you. An IP here and not going to jerk you around.

Curious, knowing Cabela's likelihood to shaft you why did you go there again?

baltech

Feb 23, 2013
    I never buy firearms from the big box stores, not worth the hassle. Ammo and accessories yes.

Digby

Feb 19, 2014
    Western Howard County
    Back in July, I couldn't find one locally so I ordered one with the faux suppressor from a large dealer on Gunbroker. The transaction was smooth and the dealer shipped the carbine with two 10 round mags to my local FFL.

It's a great little carbine and is accurate too. It averages 1.7" for 5-shot groups at 50 yards with the iron sights. It easily shoots under 4" groups at 100 yards with the stock irons. So far, I've installed the HBI right safety delete, the HBI trigger springs, the HBI charging handle, and the rear PMM QD sling swivel. Next up is an Aimpoint H1.

Get one as quick as you can. You won't be disappointed.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Me thinks he is saving it for himself and giving you the BS. In any case thanks for saving me the trip. $899 no tax was a pretty good deal though...

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    The OP was also hitting on one of the ladies that was working at Cabellas. From what I was told; the guy who declined the transaction had a crush on the lady TerminatorSVT was talking too. You know how jealous guys get and what they do over a little piece of meat... It's just crazy!

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    The OP was also hitting on one of the ladies that was working at Cabellas. From what I was told; the guy who declined the transaction had a crush on the lady TerminatorSVT was talking too. You know how jealous guys get and what they do over a little piece of meat... It's just crazy!

Cabelas rut!

TerminatorSVT

Aug 26, 2012
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Balt Best Pawn in Finksburg has one in stock if they are close to you. An IP here and not going to jerk you around.

Curious, knowing Cabela's likelihood to shaft you why did you go there again?

I went there to pickup a few things and talked to a guy at the gun counter. Told him my situation and he proceeded to pull up an Excel spreadsheet on the computer and said it was good to go as long as I got the 10 round model. I went home that night and ordered it online.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Wish I had seen your post sooner, I had the same problem with the Wheeling Cabela's yesterday, they said it was their policy not to sell any firearms to a MD resident if it had a folding stock, even though they let me order it then wasted half a day of my time by calling me to pick it up then refusing me when I arrived at the store.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I went there to pickup a few things and talked to a guy at the gun counter. Told him my situation and he proceeded to pull up an Excel spreadsheet on the computer and said it was good to go as long as I got the 10 round model. I went home that night and ordered it online.

why didn't you just order it with that dude right there in the store and then talk to the same guy when it was time to pick up? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom