• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bede5man

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 29, 2016
    Catonsville, MD
    Used to be that surplus shops were everywhere...not so anymore. I asked my wife if i was nuts and she said "no", that surplus stores were all over, at least it seemed.

I want a good condition 50 cal ammo can. I looked online and there was a listing for a Sunnys(s) Surplus, but I think they are kaput.

So, I found a listing for Randy's Surplus...in some dump neighborhood. I figured "OK, I'm buying an ammo can, not the house"....

I drove down there and they were....closed. So much for internet hours listings.

The "shop" looked to be a garage. OK, then.

So, without waiting for the next gun show, where can I buy a surplus ammo can, locally???

(I don't want to buy one off the net without seeing it first, as I have read horror stories, mostly for stuff that is overpriced ti begin with.)

Anyone know of local gun stores that might deal with that stuff???

Bede5man

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 29, 2016
    Catonsville, MD
    Yeah, I saw those when the wife dragged me into Walmart a week ago or whenever. Looked good, too.

But I wanted one made in America, like I used with Uncle Sugar. Just sayin'

Yeah, I know I can get one at the next gun show, but it's really curious that I can't just walk in to some surplus outfit and stroll out with several.

Hmmmm

Nobody here knows a local store with a stack???

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I will give them a 3rd nod, no differences except markings and made in China sticker or stamp

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Used to be that surplus shops were everywhere...not so anymore. I asked my wife if i was nuts and she said "no", that surplus stores were all over, at least it seemed.

I want a good condition 50 cal ammo can. I looked online and there was a listing for a Sunnys(s) Surplus, but I think they are kaput.

So, I found a listing for Randy's Surplus...in some dump neighborhood. I figured "OK, I'm buying an ammo can, not the house"....

I drove down there and they were....closed. So much for internet hours listings.

The "shop" looked to be a garage. OK, then.

So, without waiting for the next gun show, where can I buy a surplus ammo can, locally???

(I don't want to buy one off the net without seeing it first, as I have read horror stories, mostly for stuff that is overpriced ti begin with.)

Anyone know of local gun stores that might deal with that stuff???

H&H Outdoors is a real surplus store in downtown Baltimore.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Boog-town is usually off my radar. Way, way off.

Where in Nig-hole is the store located?

Pray, tell

2f4f08f9-5427-4244-b1dd-2df0dc29d122.jpg

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    And here I was going to ask him how many he wanted. I may have access to one or two.

Attachments

• 20141018_130312.jpg
      20141018_130312.jpg
      141.1 KB · Views: 505
    • 20141018_130043-EFFECTS.jpg
      20141018_130043-EFFECTS.jpg
      188.8 KB · Views: 505

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    A third vote for the WalMart cans, and thanks to Zoo for the quick cleanup.

H&H is pretty cool, or they used to be. I'd probably plan to go early in the day, just in case.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    As much as I want to buy American, the American made (Blackhawk?) look terrible, and have the big hole in the latch that makes it awkward to attach a locking kit. Do they just not care?

Btw, look at the OP posting history.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    For anyone that wants ammo cans. I get them from the same guy you see at the Sliverado gun shows. Let me know what you want and I will get prices. As you can see he has extensive inventory.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Does the military make any attempt to reuse these? Or is it just one shot and then away it goes for our benefit as surplus?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    For anyone that wants ammo cans. I get them from the same guy you see at the Sliverado gun shows. Let me know what you want and I will get prices. As you can see he has extensive inventory.

What are we talking about price wise? I need a few more but given the walmart ones are like 12 bucks its hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom