• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    I identify as an “adult” should be good enough. Identifying as “whatever” seems good enough for everything else.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I'm confused. When the 9th struck down the mag capacity laws (for a whole week), there was a mad dash to legally ship them in. Cali had no choice.

Of course, MD would have to approve an HQL to someone younger. Gee, I thought MINE took forever.

Edit: dblas, above, while I typed answers this

Any military is exempt from the HQL though so they would be good to go.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    How do you know an 18 year old is?

I don't know, really. I don't think anyone does. I guess there could be a minimum age in my plan. 16, maybe? I know there are emancipated minors at that age. Perhaps 18 does make sense as a minimum as at that point most should have completed high school and, theoretically, should have the tools to lead productive lives.

In the past, there were several competent kings at under 16.

But then again, most people died before 35.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Then let’s push for actually preparing our children for that transition as soon as they are born instead of treating them as incompetent toddlers until they are 25 and beyond.

That's the goal - make the subjects as worthless as possible. They'll just do what they're told by the mass media. If you can get them on the government welfare train, all the better.

I'm puzzled as to why that is.

I mean, the preemption clause applies, Maryland is in that circuit, soooooo the federal law. is unconstitutional but the state law somehow is ok?

That's far to logical for the legal system. Clearly it won't work that way.

We seem to have bred and trained a large group of incompetent 20-something toddlers over the recent past. What to do about them, especially when they are being supported and encouraged in their behavior?

There's a lot to be undone, before we can get back to forward progress.

Like I said above, the goal is to make a bunch of mindless drones who are unable to think for themselves. The rugged individuality and self-sufficiency that made us a strong, industrialized nation is (or rather has been) completely erased. By modern standards, I'm an accomplished jack-of-all-trades. By pre-WWII standards, I'm an over-educated softie who can't clean a hunted deer.

Isn’t the gun violence clap trap just a sad fig leaf for the politicians failed policies.

Yes. "Gun violence" is normally just a way to blame their destruction of our cities and their destruction of the family and social networks that maintained a peaceful society.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    DOJ is playing the time game. Waiting for the plaintiffs to turn 21, then request the case be mooted.

That is wrong!

I would think something would be in place to prevent this. We've seen cases tied up in lower courts for years (sometimes just the district court alone). If the court or government stalls for 3 years, then plaintiffs all moot out before they can even appeal, let alone reach SCOTUS.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    So, if this were an abortion case, brought by someone who was pregnant, the judicial system took 3 years to clear the case, would the court also moot/vacate the case? We moot because the issues was resolved by happenstance…

Maybe they have in the last, but I wouldn’t imaging it.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    So, if this were an abortion case, brought by someone who was pregnant, the judicial system took 3 years to clear the case, would the court also moot/vacate the case? We moot because the issues was resolved by happenstance…

Maybe they have in the last, but I wouldn’t imaging it.

If I'm not mistaken the lead plaintiff in Roe v. Wade was no longer pregnant when the case got to SCOTUS.
    But this immediate case is about guns, so tough luck says the court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom