• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I've been trying to login to the MDSP Licensing Portal, and I get a "Your password has expired! An email has been sent to your email address to reset your password." message. But I never get the email. And using the "Forgot Password" link never results in my getting an email, either. The email address is correct, and, yes, I've checked my spam folder.

Is anyone else having problems logging to that portal, or is it just me?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I've been trying to login to the MDSP Licensing Portal, and I get a "Your password has expired! An email has been sent to your email address to reset your password." message. But I never get the email. And using the "Forgot Password" link never results in my getting an email, either. The email address is correct, and, yes, I've checked my spam folder.

Check your spam/junk folder yet? I had to reset my password last week and it acted a little wonky but, I did get the e-mail after the second attempt.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    I just tried and got the password expired. Immediately received the email and changed password.

Capturemsp.JPG

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Spam folder is empty.

That's weird. Have you used it recently? I went over a year between log-ins and knew it would force me to update my password. First attempt, I got an error message. Refreshed the page and tried again and it worked but it took a little longer than usual to receive the e-mail.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland

Not problems on my end. My friend had an issue where his email was no longer being used so he couldn't change his password. He called Pikesville and a very nice lady helped him reset everything. Maybe worth a call.

jmb122mp

Nov 2, 2016
    Might be some other folders to look in to try to find it. Gmail has "Promotions" and "Social" automatic labels... Outlook (or 365) has the "Clutter" folder in addition to the "Junk E-mail" folder. There are likely others depending on your email provider.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Problem turned out to be on email provider's side. They were doing spam filtering prior to my POP client, so even though my spam folder was empty on my workstation, there was stuff in the spam folder on the server upstream even though I've never configured filtering on the server side. Problem seems to have started late June, based on the other stuff that got filtered.

Anyway, problem fixed, reclaimed lots of MSP emails along with others going back weeks.

Last edited:

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    I did mine two months ago and had trouble. I called them and they said they would look into the issue. The next day I was able to fill out the application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom