• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Looking at a stripped lower,
    whats a good ffl transfer in the PG, AA, Calvert,Charles area that wont be more than the lower??
    or is it cheaper to buy a lower from a LGS?

I was looking at $60 PSA blems,, Honestly would like a integral trigger guard.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    whats a good ffl transfer in the PG, AA, Calvert,Charles area that wont be more than the lower??

Add St. Mary's County to the list, and go see Medusa Munitions.

IF you want/need to go no farther south than Charles County, All Pawn would be my choice.

With the above said, I am NOT insulting or detracting from other area FFL shops, except for the one on Rte. 301, Southbound, here in "the 'dorf". :)

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I am thinking you are on to something.
    And I am upping my standards to an Aero lower.

Any idea who stocks Aero stripped lowers?
    in particular the Aero lower with closed trigger ear?

When you buy a lower from a local gun store,, is there an additional transfer fee, or do they treat it like any other firearm - the paperwork is incl in the price?

I think you'll make out better buying from a local FFL than paying shipping and a transfer fee

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No Transfer fee , but of course the $10 MSP fee for any 77R process .

And to throw another good local FFL out there , GLR Enterprises in Charlotte Hall . Gary & Mary can also cheerfully handle your transfer needs .

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    see post #2

I recently bought a stripped lower for $100. when you buy online there is shipping and then transfer fee (about 50 all together it depends on FFL). if you buy from local shop there is no transfer fee (and no shipping lol). So the PSA blem will end up about $ 110.

every lgs stocks inexpensive stripped lowers, usually Aeros, they are pretty common.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD

Blue-Fin in dundalk. $25 transfers if you mention MD Shooters. PSA is listed on their FFL list and will ship to Blue-Fin easy peasy.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Depending where Mr Culper lives , the drive to Dundalk might not be worth $10 savings .

( Blue Fin is a great establishment , worth visiting in general , but looking at transfer fees in isolation , you have to include distance and convience in your mental calculations .)

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Southern PGish area.

Depending where Mr Culper lives , the drive to Dundalk might not be worth $10 savings .

( Blue Fin is a great establishment , worth visiting in general , but looking at transfer fees in isolation , you have to include distance and convience in your mental calculations .)

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    That is what I was thinking of doing when I went to the HoCo gun show,, but the local vendors wanted $200+ for the same lower that is $69-79 online.

I will call around Monday and see what I can find local.

I think you'll make out better buying from a local FFL than paying shipping and a transfer fee

duckduckgoose

Sep 7, 2016
    Annapolis, MD
    I was in Field Traders in Pasadena today and they had at least 10 lowers in stock. Palmetto State and Aero Precision for sure, definitely one other brand but I don't remember the make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom