• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TravisVerve

May 3, 2021
    Hopefully this is the right forum lemme know if it needs to go to Handguns.
    Lemme know if this makes any sense too!

Couple issues. I built 2 polymer 80 Glock style. One is 17 style with Patmos arms slide kit and Barrel and the other is a 26 also with Patmos arms. Both came together pretty easily but here are the issues and any input would be appreciated.

The 17 has been great. Never any problems racking, trigger etc. Now that I have about 500 rounds through it. It is as accurate as I am. The only issue with it is I am getting a failure to eject about two out of every 50 rounds. This number has gone way down since it was first fired. Just shooting it made it better. But still that's too many stove pipes. 115, 124, 147 gr makes no difference. Looking around it seems like getting a Gen 4 ejector is the first thing to try. Need to find.

The worst problem is with the 26. It runs perfectly, never had a stove pipe or failed to feed. However it shoots down and to the left consistently at the same angle. I'm going to try to attach a photo to show it. I dont think I'm pushing it because if I stay perfectly sighted I will shoot holes in the exact same space away from what I was aiming at.(See Picture) If I hold a crazy sight picture I can be moderately accurate with it. But I'd have to move the rear sight off the scales to get the bullet going at least aligned with the slide. What am I doing wrong?

MCbXm19.jpg
    [/IMG]
    BoCYmis.jpg

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    On the compact and subcompact Glocks i have to twist in forcefully with the support hand (sorta like you are wringing a washcloth). This prevents pulling the shots.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Gen 4-5 ejectors along with any 'improved' extractor will take care of the stove pipes. I prefer Lone Wolf stainless extractors.

As for the 26, it sounds like pulling the shots(if you're right handed). But if you swear you aren't, then I have to believe you. If you have to reestablish your grip on the gun after every shot, then you are likely pulling as well. Try some sort of mag extension on the 26.

I have worked on a few of the Patmos slides and found a number of them to have problems. So many so, I would not buy any.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I was about to say speak with Outrider58. I purchased a complete g17 kit without the frame for a p80 from jsdsupply that included a patmos slide and kit. I had massive issues. He worked his magic to fix... Every Craptmos slide kit he has dealt with has had issues. One issue on mine was on the p80 frame, not the slide. The other was definitely an issue with the slide.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Cant fix that target, though I’ll second Outrider that it looks like pulling - if you don’t have them get a plus two extension that will give your little finger somewhere to sit as well.

As for the feeding, if it has gotten better with use I’d take a look at the areas where polymer is removed - those can be just enough to hang up a slide especially under recoil forces and speed. Sounds like the slide has been slowly polishing them for you - take some 200 grit and give it a hand on the frame top and guide rod channel.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    My patmos plunger hole needed to be fixed-I ground out a burr and the plunger ground down plus the p80 ground down inside where the slide stop sits. Would not seat right and locked the slide when racking

Guess that is what happens with after market

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    May need a taller rear sight on the 26 build. Mine was also shooting low so I tried using a rest and bags to be sure it was the sights. Put on a slightly taller rear sight and now it shoots about 2" high @ 25 yards using a rest. Looks like something is not within specs on that slide or barrel with the rear sight pushed so far to the right.

Hope you get it sorted out.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Do you have access to another 26 slide assembly to try on your frame? Preferably a factory one? That would tell you if you're pulling the shots, or if it's something in the slide.

Something that far off in the slide would probably be visible with the naked eye. And if you have three shots touching while aiming at the bullseye, I doubt you're pulling the shots.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    May need a taller rear sight on the 26 build. Mine was also shooting low so I tried using a rest and bags to be sure it was the sights. Put on a slightly taller rear sight and now it shoots about 2" high @ 25 yards using a rest. Looks like something is not within specs on that slide or barrel with the rear sight pushed so far to the right.

Hope you get it sorted out.

This could be true. Most of those Patmos slides come with a very cheap imitation of Glock sights. They don't even have the white dot or lines on them. They are completely black.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I just remembered I had an issue with a Swenson slide. The slide wouldn't close all the way, and I couldn't figure out why. When I compared it to one I knew was good, I could see a defect. Once that was filed away, it worked fine.

Point is, comparing to a known good part can be very helpful.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just remembered I had an issue with a Swenson slide. The slide wouldn't close all the way, and I couldn't figure out why. When I compared it to one I knew was good, I could see a defect. Once that was filed away, it worked fine.

Always. That's why I have more than one AR. :D

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

So what was the defect?

TravisVerve

May 3, 2021
    good suggestions all.

For the 26 I do use a 17 mag with an x-grip sleeve so my kinda big hand has a pretty good grip but that doesnt guarantee im not pulling it obv. I dont think cindys has a subcompact for me to try. I wish I could get someone who is experienced to shoot it to see what they think.

For the 17. Im going to need to find a gen 4 ejector to see if the FTE stop completely. at least first.

I have been super duper careful about getting the channels good. visually they look ok.

On a happy note. the two poly AR's (one JMT paired with DelTon upper and one P80 with PSA upper) have been flawless. I lucked out on those. super fun!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    good suggestions all.

For the 17. Im going to need to find a gen 4 ejector to see if the FTE stop completely. at least first.

Try looking at Orange County Triggers for the ejectors. They are over priced everywhere lately because there is a dearth of them.

TravisVerve

May 3, 2021
    Try looking at Orange County Triggers for the ejectors. They are over priced everywhere lately because there is a dearth of them.

thanks! last time i looked i couldnt find the 30274 and that OC Ebay store has 9 of em so i just ordered 2... $16.90 per seems a little steep but it beats $40 for a whole housing

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    thanks! last time i looked i couldnt find the 30274 and that OC Ebay store has 9 of em so i just ordered 2... $16.90 per seems a little steep but it beats $40 for a whole housing

The whole housing is normally $8 or $9(with ejector) for those playing along.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel

I have used three Swenson slides for builds. All got Glock OEM internal parts and aftermarket "match" barrels. Had to fit one barrel by removing a little material from the point where the barrel contacted the top of the slide at the ejection port. The material was removed from the barrel. No modifications to any of the slides was needed.

Very curious as to what you found wrong with yours.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Always. That's why I have more than one AR. :D
    the one and only reason, right? :lol2:

So what was the defect?
    I didn't remember exactly, otherwise I would have added that, but...

I have used three Swenson slides for builds. All got Glock OEM internal parts and aftermarket "match" barrels. Had to fit one barrel by removing a little material from the point where the barrel contacted the top of the slide at the ejection port. The material was removed from the barrel. No modifications to any of the slides was needed.

Very curious as to what you found wrong with yours.

I feel very strongly that I had this same issue. I just went down and looked at it to know for sure, but I guess I did a good job cleaning it up because I didn't see any file marks. I do think that I took material out of the slide, because I had tried two barrels in the same slide with the same issue (IIRC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom