• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Anyone familiar with Great Lakes Firearms GFLA AR15 :https://glfallc.com/glfa-223-wylde-rifle
    "Barrel: 16 inch, 1:8 Twist, Carbine Gas System, .750 Gas Block, M4 Feed Ramps, Heavy Barrel (HBAR)"

Saw one locally.

What I am wondering is what kind of quality is this. Not a lot of reviews. Is this like, a PSA with a paint job, PPSA, or what?

As mentioned, for the price, it would be worth a shot.

I'd check headspace and inspect the barrel, bcg, etc. If I see anything obvious I'd take advantage of the warranty and get those right first.

After I confirm parts are ok I'd go ahead and disassemble, replace some small parts. Put it back together the right way just for peace of mind. That would void the warranty of course but I'm fine being on my own with an inexpensive rifle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As mentioned, for the price, it would be worth a shot.

I'd check headspace and inspect the barrel, bcg, etc. If I see anything obvious I'd take advantage of the warranty and get those right first.

After I confirm parts are ok I'd go ahead and disassemble, replace some small parts. Put it back together the right way just for peace of mind. That would void the warranty of course but I'm fine being on my own with an inexpensive rifle.

^^^This

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    was hoping to find someone who had already done that and could give a review. I could disassemble it at the lgs before he buys it, kek. There seems to be almost no information on this rifle, not even a YouTube review

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    was hoping to find someone who had already done that and could give a review. I could disassemble it at the lgs before he buys it, kek. There seems to be almost no information on this rifle, not even a YouTube review

Just because others are good doesn't mean the one you get will be. That happened recently with a SOCOM barrel from MMC. Some good...some bad.

I'd just buy and do what was mentioned earlier. Anything can be fixed or replaced.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

There is no way you could disassemble the rifle at an LGS.

You could field strip the rifle but that is not what Omegared was suggesting which is basically a full rebuild. But I would not do that under any circumstance unless you actually know how to do that properly. Many of us on here speak from that level of experience.

A local FFL has already chimed in on this thread with their first hand experience which has so far been positive. For the price, they seem like a decent value.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Did you read the 43 reviews on their website?

Also, John Lowe is a reputable dealer who knows his way around an AR (as well as many highly technical weapons platforms). I doubt he would push a POS product out his door.

At some point, you're gonna have to buy or pass. We can't make that decision for you.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

Also, John Lowe is a reputable dealer who knows his way around an AR (as well as many highly technical weapons platforms). I doubt he would push a POS product out his door.

At some point, you're gonna have to buy or pass. We can't make that decision for you.

/thread.

Seriously lol.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    there is a show in VA in a couple weeks maybe i'll get to actually touch this unicorn there.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    A local FFL has already chimed in on this thread with their first hand experience which has so far been positive. For the price, they seem like a decent value.

Great points.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

John Lowe is a vet and a small arms expert. :thumbsup:

[EDIT- actually, John is an expert, period!]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom