• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtobethesda

Aug 24, 2021
    Have a Vortex II 1x4x24 which I like for the forgiving site picture. ISO 1X6 for target shooting in a new scope. Had a Diamondback and found the site picture too narrow for my middle aged eyes. Scope suggestions on max budget of $400? Specific person/gun shop in MD that is great with this? Thanks in advance.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Burris RT-6 is the go-to for LPVOs at that price range. You can purchase one online. If you can stretch is to a Vortex Viper PST Gen II, that's also a very good choice.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Might try to find a used Vortex Viper PST 1x4. I don’t think they make it any more but I just checked on ebay and there are several for $349 or less. It’s an excellent optic in that price range. I was a guest of a member here at Mayberry a few years back and was able to hit steel at 500 yds on my AR15.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    FWIW, the size of the targets you are engaging at the various distances will play a role in power and reticle selection. If the targets are always clays or 5.5” bullseyes or larger. If you want to snipe 1” and 2” small targets at 100 yards, the power and reticle subtension come into play for finite accuracy. Learned this many moons back shooting a T/C Contender in Hunter’s Pistol and plinking pieces of clays at distance.

Nottrying to influence you, but like the gun, the scope has to be suited for intended use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom