• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Bollinger used to be beloved around here then something happened. I seem to recall a bunch of lying about transferred firearms and cerakote work or something like that. Then they disappeared

There was an absolutely awful pin & weld job that led to him changing his Facebook page name. He also has (or had) no clue how to properly thread a rifle barrel.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Tyler Firearms off of Hollins Ferry Road has been my new go-to spot. Eric and the crew are fun to work with, plus they have THE BEST consignment policy I've ever encountered.

Big thanks to MD Elite / BBP and Dan too. They fill in the gaps occasionally when Tyler Firearms is out of stock.

Belgian Bad A$$

Tired of being ignored, living the single life!
    Feb 18, 2018
    Washington County, MD
    For me in between Frederick and Hagerstown it’s Hafers as the best with great customer service. Shopped with them since they were in the basement. Gun Center on Rosemont as the worst. Bad customer service, act like they’re doing you a favor in showing you a gun. Antietam Firearms in Funkstown is also good to deal with.
    I second the motion on Hafers.

Belgian Bad A$$

Tired of being ignored, living the single life!
    Feb 18, 2018
    Washington County, MD
    In Berkeley Springs, WV try Berkeley Springs Trading Post.

Not everyone is a gun snob but you will run into them once in a while.

You can always get good info on MDS along with some wisecracks. For real.

rootytootyshooty

Apr 12, 2019
    I'm a creature of habit, so my go-to is Blue Fins in Dundalk. Just had a great evening at their store Tuesday. What a solid group in there - most professional, polite, fun FFL in MD IMO.

Doesn't hurt that they also service my second favorite hobby, fishing.

I challenge you to find a FFL in MD where you receive better service at a better transfer price.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have bought from:
    Engage, seemed a little stuck up
    MD Elite, they are a little dry but decent
    Now from Southern Carroll, nice easy and quick. With decent transfer fees.

Been in Am shooting a few times, I want to buy from him because he seems cool

Stopped by 2A in jessup, seemed ok.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    In Berkeley Springs, WV try Berkeley Springs Trading Post.

Not everyone is a gun snob but you will run into them once in a while.

You can always get good info on MDS along with some wisecracks. For real.
    I heartily second this. I’ve done a pile of transfers af Berkeley Springs Trading Post and they always treat me like they’ve known me forever. And they always have plenty of ammo. Another good store is 2nd Amendment Guns in Martinsburg. Unlike many Maryland gun shops (with one pawn shop in Pasadena in particular) all the stores I’ve been to in WV treat you like they want you to come back....

U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    When the best is the worst

Larry’s Trading post in West Ocean City
    Great prices… great selection ….
    But they are the most annoying people in the world.
    You tell them you are looking for a sa/da with a safety (yes because it’s muscle memory for me and it’s what I like to carry and shoot) and all the keep talking about and show you is a Glock, the Sig 320 etc etc… I went to see what they had in 300 blackout in a short barrel and all they try to show you is 16”.
    They just keep trying to show you what they like or have to sell off the shelf… so SO annoying.

Jakers07

MDS Supporter
    Mar 9, 2021
    Baltimore Best Pawn/Maryland Elite Firearms in Finksburg. Enjoyed working with Dan in my last purchase. Will definitely be returning.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Obviously lots of options, instill like Clark Gun Locker in Aberdeen Md. John is a good guy and nice selection and service.

TD

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Tyler's has consistently been a great experience. I had hit or miss experiences early on with other shops but that could also have been due to my inexperience in being around firearms at the time. It seems like some shops do a much better job with gun newbs than others.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I think Atlantic does not have a store front. only online

You're thinking of Atlantic Firearms.

Atlantic Guns (Atlantic) most certainly has a store front, they have two as a matter of fact, in Rockville and Silver Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom