• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nothing more than the annual Kabuki dance. The Republicans pretend that they don’t want to raise the debt ceiling and the Democrats pretend the world will end if they don’t. So they do it and, voila, the world doesn’t end.

And all the government employees that bitch about living paycheck to paycheck and having to eat their pets (like last “partial” shutdown”) will just buy another flatscreen TVs and iPhone 13 once they get their back pay.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    And all the government employees that bitch about living paycheck to paycheck and having to eat their pets (like last “partial” shutdown”) will just buy another flatscreen TVs and iPhone 13 once they get their back pay.

Where did you retire from?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    21 in military in 94 and 20 more in fed service in 2014. Lived within my means and saved every paycheck. That’s why my wife still has an iPhone 5 and I have the original SE.

Yeah that's what I thought and just like when you were still working, there are plenty now that are the same as you were/are. There were also plenty of sh!tbags in federal service during your time as well. With that being said, I also don't disagree with your initial assessment regarding quite a few.(In all honesty, I'm thinking about hanging up the federal career and moving on)

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting they passed a bill since the last partial shutdown. Guaranteed back pay this time. I just hope the IRS finishes my dads tax return from this year. Only thing left in order to close probate from his death a year ago. According to the IRS web site they have been processing it for the past 45 days.

Attachments

• 59EB50C3-3169-4935-9184-F886508B1A45.jpg
      59EB50C3-3169-4935-9184-F886508B1A45.jpg
      121.5 KB · Views: 291

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Time off and then back pay - sounds like a good deal to me!

wasn't something like 80+% "essential"? the whole shutdown thing is crazy. Congress hasn't had a budget for a few decades they do this reconciliation every year. They have money that was approved several years ago that they use.

The government need to be made smaller. I was hoping that with the COVID and people working from home the "need" for a lot of government workers would be less.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    wasn't something like 80+% "essential"? the whole shutdown thing is crazy. Congress hasn't had a budget for a few decades they do this reconciliation every year. They have money that was approved several years ago that they use.

The government need to be made smaller. I was hoping that with the COVID and people working from home the "need" for a lot of government workers would be less.

There are a lot of people out there that would be on welfare. So instead they created government jobs. It's kind of like welfare you don't really do anything but you get a paycheck. But at least it's kind of productive.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There are a lot of people out there that would be on welfare. So instead they created government jobs. It's kind of like welfare you don't really do anything but you get a paycheck. But at least it's kind of productive.

Pyramid-building. It's how you solve the problem of too much wealth and more people than you need.

It works for a while.

Sadly, the allocation algorithms are flawed, such that actually necessary jobs are often filled by the idiot surplus.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Not for us contractors.

Depends on the contract (i'm sure you know that, not everyone would). I've been on both sides and it really does suck for Contractors stuck in this crap. Especially when the contractors do all the work anyway and the govies just sit back a bitch or take credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom