Cherry Condition 1972 Camaro - What do you think?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If I had the money, I still wouldn't spend that much on a collectable.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Beautiful car but....being Resto-mod without original equipment, I don't see it appreciating at all, more likely it will not hold it's value. Also the quoted terms include $12,000 in interest. I'd keep looking.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    loved my 69 camaro rally sport. put 80k miles on it and sold it for what i paid for it, with no major repairs.

personally i just am not interested in collectibles, whether guns or cars etc. i want latest technology and to be able to use and enjoy it.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Meh, that's like a $25k car in my opinion. That 5.3 is a an LSx but it's a truck engine, not a high performance engine. Also the front end is wrong. A true split bumper should have the round marker lights and the nose cone around the grill. Those are cheap chinese cast wheels too. They may have $45k or more invested, but they built the car they wanted; not necessarily what the market says is worth $45k.

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    personally i just am not interested in collectibles, whether guns or cars etc. i want latest technology and to be able to use and enjoy it.

I agree. I used to buy collectable guns and knives and eventually realized that I became paranoid about keeping them pristine and that wasn't fun.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That's a lot of money but I am always surprised what brings that kind of money these days.

Wouldn't be my choice for an investment car and unless that year really appeals to you (cheerleader in the back seat kind of thing) its not that iconic.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    Owned a 1971 Camaro and I loved that car. As much as I like the body style I couldn't pay that kind of money for THAT car. As others have mentioned it would need to be all original.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    It looks like a decent restomod but, some of the things they didn't do would turn me off to it. My primary concern would be the engine/trans combo they used. If you were going to do all of that work why not use a 6.0 instead of a truck motor. Also why did they use an old 3 speed auto instead of a newer set up with overdrive?
    It begs the question what else did they cheap out on?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You have to realize that if and when you decide to sell it, you're going to have to find someone else who wants that exact restomod. It's not like a restored Camaro. Restomods are very personal. What you want in your restomod may not be what someone else wants in theirs.

I personally think the car is worth $32k-$35k on the very top end. I'd be willing to put $28k out for it. I'd also like to see pictures of the build too. It's easy to cover up rusty metal and it will look good for the first year or so. That's a lot of cheese for a personalized car.

If you decide to buy it, I hope it's everything you want. It is a good looking car and if you can get it for a good price, go for it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Answer #1 - For what was done to it , that's the basic price range. If you wanted somthing like that On Purpose you could easily spend more than that .

Answer #2 - Restomod is a subjective thing , and a regional taste . Round here not so much, on west coast they're the happening thing.

Answer #3 - Stock or reasonably close is broader appeal to resell .

Biggfoot's take on general subject -

The era of cheap '70s era muscle cars is gone . catagorically. Reliving your specific Youth ( or what you wished you had back in the day ) , having a big ticket collectible , or driving an old school performance car for the inherent joy of it are three different things are three different things . Have a good understanding of which you really want .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom