• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Magpul is going to be releasing magazines, a magazine release and a pistol grip for these in the next few months.

Just an fyi for any of you that may have a scorpion.

Its nice to see a big name company starting to make aftermarket options for these pistols/carbines. a lot of the current stuff is junk imo.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I like my HBI stuff. The Theta trigger and springs, and left side safety delete make a huge difference. I will probably get some Magpul mags and the mag release to go with everything else.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I like my HBI stuff. The Theta trigger and springs, and left side safety delete make a huge difference. I will probably get some Magpul mags and the mag release to go with everything else.

word. the safety delete is a must imo. You running a dot or any type of optic on yours?

How far out have you taken it distance wise?

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Plenty of quality aftermarket support for the Scorpion. Magpul is just late to the game

SB tactical
    HBI
    PMM
    Gear head works
    Manticore
    CZ custom
    Midwest Industries
    Yeti wurks
    Shooters Element
    X-Products
    Etc

Early on I realized a lot of the magpul stuff is just ok they just have a huge groupie like following. Always find a more quality option by a smaller company ie Lancer mags for my AR’s
    Magpul seems to be much more interested in making clothing lately than actual gun related products, nothing wrong with that as clothing is profitable and they have the following to move it.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Plenty of quality aftermarket support for the Scorpion. Magpul is just late to the game

SB tactical
    HBI
    PMM
    Gear head works
    Manticore
    CZ custom
    Midwest Industries
    Yeti wurks
    Shooters Element
    X-Products
    Etc

Early on I realized a lot of the magpul stuff is just ok they just have a huge groupie like following. Always find a more quality option by a smaller company ie Lancer mags for my AR’s
    Magpul seems to be much more interested in making clothing lately than actual gun related products, nothing wrong with that as clothing is profitable and they have the following to move it.

I will be interested in their 35 round mags. Quality mags for the Scorpion have been a little sketchy although I hear the feed lips on the new CZ ones are not so prone to breaking.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    My drum has been 100% reliable and the quality is as good if not better than the CZ itself.

Attachments

• f5_mfg_50_scorpion_magazine_a__dsc7609alogo.jpg
      f5_mfg_50_scorpion_magazine_a__dsc7609alogo.jpg
      35.8 KB · Views: 1,763

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I will be interested in their 35 round mags. Quality mags for the Scorpion have been a little sketchy although I hear the feed lips on the new CZ ones are not so prone to breaking.

It’s great to have more options, afaik this is the first 35rd option.
    I’m not a fan of how long it is and would rather opt for a 50rd drum myself. Hopefully they make other capacity options at typical magpul pricing, as most anything magpul is easily found in stores and gun shows (out of state for Marylanders).
    As for the earlier defective CZ ones, it was great to see CZ step up and replace them without much hassle. Although living here makes that a headache too

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Glad I read this thread. Didn't know that CZ was replacing early Scorpion mags. Will look into this (easy to deal with at least my 10-rd ones).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    word. the safety delete is a must imo. You running a dot or any type of optic on yours?

How far out have you taken it distance wise?

Only out to 50 yards but with Holosun it was still doing pretty good. Around 2 moa with my eyes.

Attachments

• 5386E789-28A9-48EB-952A-077F51C1669C.jpg
      5386E789-28A9-48EB-952A-077F51C1669C.jpg
      91.7 KB · Views: 1,524

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

SB tactical
    HBI
    PMM
    Gear head works
    Manticore
    CZ custom
    Midwest Industries
    Yeti wurks
    Shooters Element
    X-Products
    Etc

some of their stuff just works though. for example, the yeti works grip gives some people a hard time field stripping the rifle, I've seen folks taking a dremel to fix there 50 dollar grip lol. A lot of the stuff out there now just seems like ebay quality imo. ( purely based my opinion off of video as I don't own any yet )

id bet magpul takes these things into consideration, and folks wont have any issues with the products. I am by no means a magpul fanboy, just my thoughts. the magazines will likely be nice as well.

first things ill be doing is the safety delete,pistol grip when magpul releases it. Maybe the extended charging handle as well

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Hey all, I'm picking up my OD Green Scorpion EVO S1 next week. Never payed much attention to the brace thing until I saw someone shooting the model at the range.

Any thoughts on braces? CZ doesn't have a factory version in OD Green (I could live with black but no one has any). SB Tactical?

Livingthedream

Feb 20, 2017
    They make an od green tailhook if you can find it. Its almost identical to the factory rifle stock. Its like the fde one in the upper picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom