• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Word on the street is that they have cracking issues, especially if you drop them on the ground. They seem to be OK in terms of feeding.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Cant speak to the MP5s but I have been extensively testing 5.56 mags and have a dozen or so I've been running through for the past year. Safe to say I am relegating these to training mags. They're OK but do not generate the confidence of some Gen 3 pmags. I have had failure to feed and double feed as well as rounds pop out from drops. That last issue isnt a big deal to me. 1 of the 12 mag consistently has feeding issues and I actually have delegated it to help me with malfunction drills with live ammo. Cant speak to the Mp5 ones though.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I bought two for testing. Haven't cracked from dropping fully loaded mags. However I have been getting FTFs at about the second to last round, whereas my ATI Korean mag has been flawless. They look awesome and I'm hoping they just need to be broken in or something.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Starting to sound like they're not ready for prime time yet. I was reading about fitment problems. Maybe they have that figured out. Thanks for the comments.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Over on the HK pro forums. They have disappointed about everyone who bought them. I'd stay clear .

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Besides Magpul who else makes decent aftermarket mags? ETS, not. Promag, not. Anything from Korea, not.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    When it comes to the MP5, you have three choices for Quality magazines. HK, MKE and POF. Everything else is inferior.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Besides Magpul who else makes decent aftermarket mags? ETS, not. Promag, not. Anything from Korea, not.

The latest, I guess they call it GEN III, ATI Korean mags are great if you change the springs out for HK springs. You will get an FTF every now and then if you don't.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo

FWIW, Promag HK 93 mags are supposedly very good. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while;)

Korean M2 & M14 mags are good.

Mecgar and Magpul are the only aftermarket manufacturers that spring to mind that make excellent stuff across the board.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Metalform makes the Colt SMG mags. Lancer mags in some cases are better than Magpul depending on the caliber.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm waiting for HKParts to release their windowed polymer, steel reinforced MP5 mags. Their UMP mags were well received. They had said 2018 for the MP5 mags, but nothing yet.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/30-Round-Magazine-Windowed-MP5-MP5K-74p18015.htm

You and me both...;)

Metalform makes the Colt SMG mags. Lancer mags in some cases are better than Magpul depending on the caliber.

I've got some POF MP5 mags that have been flawless.

Also ASC Colt 9mm style 32 round stick mags that work very well.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I have ETS Glock mags in 15 and 30. They work fine, but you need to subtract 1 from the advertised capacity. If you're actually able to pack the last one in, which is unlikely without mechanical assistance, the mag body expands far enough that it won't drop when you hit the release button. Aside from that irritation, they work fine.

bbaick

Nov 6, 2013
    For what it's worth, I had a few Glock 17 mags and replaced the springs. They worked fine for me, but they are definitely not as heavy duty as the originals. When comparing clear mags, my impression is that these are step down from Lancer magazines. I'm not a fan of clear mags for anything outside of range use. Sure, you can see how many rounds are left, but just not as durable, IMHO. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom