• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Anything AK you want try AKCollectors.com. A lot of their stuff is high end collectible stuff but they also have or can get whatever you need to build a true AK. And they're here in MD. I've had ALOT of luck with them.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    According to my local shop, this is 100% MD legal.

https://www.centuryarms.com/vska-wood-7-62-x-39.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your local shop selling it?
    Does it take AK mags?

This thread makes me want to build an AK pistol and brace it. Any well known brands along the lines of Ruger, Colt, etc for AKs?

I have thought about this for a few years but can't get over a plastic brace instead of wood. Thought about SBR one. The thing I have is the sight radius. I would want a 15" barrel to to get the sight radius back.
    I have a VZ2008 with a beaver barf stock added to it already. Plus my SKS is more accurate than the 2 AK47's I have shot from other people.

SoFlaNick

Nov 10, 2018
    Anne Arundel
    Anything AK you want try AKCollectors.com. A lot of their stuff is high end collectible stuff but they also have or can get whatever you need to build a true AK. And they're here in MD. I've had ALOT of luck with them.

Second for AK Collectors. Definitely a good set of guys that live and breathe AKs and based out of Pasadena. They are working to get a storefront from what I understand.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I’ll be back in the shop sometime in the next few days and will post more info. What I’m recalling from the conversation the other day is that none of the parts are interchangeable with the banned firearms so therefore it’s not considered a clone.
    But I’ll confirm info and reply around mid next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be an interesting turn of events if it does turn out to be legal.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Second for AK Collectors. Definitely a good set of guys that live and breathe AKs and based out of Pasadena. They are working to get a storefront from what I understand.

Correct. Store front is under construction. They should be operating out of it within the next 30 days, and be open to customers shortly after that.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 9.34.32 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 9.34.32 AM.png
      4.1 KB · Views: 239

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Regarding making AK pistols into a SBR you can not take an AK pistol and make it an SBR if it would be a copy of a banned rifle. Turning something like a Century Arms C39V2 pistol or Arsenal SAM7K pistol into a SBR will be denied by the ATF under Maryland’s copycat law since both rifle versions are banned. I unfortunately learned that after spending $900 on my C39V2 pistol. Draco pistols and other varieties that don’t have a rifle version should be fine but I haven’t bought a Draco yet to try it on.

Trust me it’s no fun buying a gun, filling out the paperwork, having fingerprints taken, spending $200, and waiting weeks only to get denied because it would be a copycat and then waiting weeks for a refund.

And SBR is not a rifle, therefore cannot be a copy of a banned rifle.

Although MSP has convinced the ATF that the Copy Cat provisions apply, so they must be a minimum of 29" overall length.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was wondering where you and the rest of the crew had gone to. Hope you've been well.

I have been fine.

I still have my 2002 E46 M3 and my E36 M3 LTW. But daily driver is a Fiat 500 Abarth. :D

Ex got the M Roadster.

rsupreme

Nov 15, 2019
    I have been fine.

I still have my 2002 E46 M3 and my E36 M3 LTW. But daily driver is a Fiat 500 Abarth. :D

Ex got the M Roadster.

I think the Roadster is what I remember you most for. I thought you had a wagon also, but maybe that was Nick.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    You will need to purchase their side charging bolt, I don't know how much that costs.

Nope, Mine just arrived yesterday. $209 is the complete 7.62x39 side charging upper including the BCG.
    Picking up my new stripped lower from 2A sales on Saturday and the rest of the parts are coming in new from Primary Arms on Friday.
    With any luck I will have it to the range Sunday.

rsupreme

Nov 15, 2019
    This thread makes me want to build an AK pistol and brace it. Any well known brands along the lines of Ruger, Colt, etc for AKs?

I've been reading a bunch about this lately. Seems Arsenal SAM has the best rep. People also like the Draco. The Century C39v2 is apparently a "do not buy" for some people due to failure issues. PSA's AK-P is not on the handgun roster as of today. I think I'm going with the Draco with brace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom