• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Update on my PF45 in 10mm.

Installed 22# recoil spring. Most return-to-battery failures stopped, but still got a few.

After the range, saw a video of marinegunbuilder for the pf45 trigger housing. Like in the video, mine sat too high. A very quick sanding as in the video got it flush. That should get rid of the ejector rubbing the slide that I initially had.

However, running the "point straight up, ride slide" function still gets the slide out of battery.

Polished the rails, reseated pins.

Took out the striker safety (and ejector). This is to determine if the striker safety was the culprit. The same drill with just the striker assembly produced the same results, so I'm convinced it's not the striker safety hanging up on the trigger nub.

Thinking of trying an OEM glock 20 barrel. I have the alphawolf 20.3 barrel and the alphawolf g20 (oem look) slide.

I suspect the slide/barrel are hanging just enough to be causing problems.

I'm becoming disillusioned with 10mm simply because the damn thing is heavy with substantial recoil, even with 22# recoil spring.

Sounds to me like the slide could be out of spec. Are there drag marks on the underside of the slide? Make sure the safety plunger/button doesn't have any wiggle inside the hole. Often times, there is a 'step' in the plunger hole that will cause the plunger to hang up, causing the slide to hang up.

Also, I've encountered more than one Alpha Wolf barrel that had rough chambers which caused tons of cycling problems. I need to see pics of your used brass to check for 'frosting'. That is a major cause of failure to cycle problems. The next round hits the roof of the chamber and either drags or hangs up, mid cycle. I've had that happen in three different Alpha Wolf barrels including a 10mm AW barrel.

ETA: More on safety plungers- Make sure the safety plunger is able to depress flush with the surface of the slide. If it sticks up even just a little, there is a problem somewhere. You can polish the plunger and you can polish the hole it occupies. If you try this, DO NOT use abrasives. I recommend Flitz on a felt tipped rotary tool. You can also 'chuck up' the plunger into a drill spin it on a Flitz treated cloth. Go slow in both cases.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I remember a time when thread titles meant something.

Lol. You never heard of thread drift starting at post #1?

To be honest, I thought it started out for a G20. I was answering whistlersmother's latest.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Alright - an update, for what its worth for the remaining time I have with this pistol:

Several months ago, bought a KKM Precision 10mm barrel - same issue with the Alpha Wolf slide.

Mostly goes back into battery, but more than a few times the slide won't go into battery - about 1/8" or so out of battery. I suspect the hangup with the safety plunger or some such internal part that interacts with it because the slide moves forward into battery as I release the trigger. Also has the 20# recoil (if I remember correctly). The slide has all Glock OEM internal parts, but I installed them, so maybe something is not installed quite right?

Finally decided to go all OEM and bought a true Glock GEN 3 G20 complete slide (with barrel). Not cheap or easy to find.

Gun runs like a top.

So, either I installed parts so that they're slightly out of spec or the Alpha Wolf slide is out of spec in some manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom