• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    So f-ing frustrated. 2 weeks now. I've emailed Gunbroker tech support 20+ times and have gotten no help in getting my hijacked account back in my control. I even wrote a letter by post and sent it to their HQ. I gave up on saving my long running 100% feedback account and tried to set up a new account... of course they flag it because there is already an account associated with my name and address. If anyone knows a way to get the knuckleheads at GB to help, I would be grateful for your advice. I really enjoy GB, especially for C&Rs, but if I can't get anyone to unlock my account, I guess I'm done. I'm sure whoever hijacked it has already destroyed my feedback record. :(

Report it to the FBI cyber crimes be sure to have all your emails. If they do not help contact Gunbroker and tell them you will blast all social media and report them to the FTC.

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    I personally have never had anything but great experiences with GB.
    I'm actually kind surprised by this.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Report it to the FBI cyber crimes be sure to have all your emails. If they do not help contact Gunbroker and tell them you will blast all social media and report them to the FTC.

Well... at first it seemed a bit extreme to me, but after a few more non-responses from GunBroker and giving it some additional thought, I took your advice and filed a compliant with the FBI IC3. Then I notified GB that I put it on the FBI's radar. Will see what, if anything, comes out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is submitted in relation to a hijacked account on GunBroker.com. I have tried to work with GunBroker to regain control of my account for several weeks, but get no response to e-mail or postal mail communications. I am concerned that fraudulent firearms purchases or sales may be occurring using my account credentials and personal information.

On September 18th, I received an email notification that my account email had been changed. I did not request this action, nor do I know who did. The bottom line is that someone now has unauthorized control of my Gunbroker account (XXXX) and I have no way to either use the account or verify if someone is making bids or purchases associated with my account without my knowledge or consent.

I have used GunBroker for many years (I am a Federally licensed collector of Curios and Relics - FFL03), while maintaining 100% positive feedback on my transactions. I have never had a problem with GunBroker before, but I find their complete disregard to my requests to route out potentially fraudulent activity to be utterly perplexing. In both e-mail and written form (there is no way to contact them by telephone) I have requested prompt assistance in the following:

1)Either temporarily lock down the XXX account or immediate re-association it with my personal email (XXX@XXX.com)

2)Investigation of who sent the fraudulent request to change my account’s email

3)Ensuring that no bids, sales, or purchases have occurred since my account was hijacked on 9/18

I'm not sure if this is within the IC3's preview, but since it involves the possible risk of illegal activities or fraudulent sales related to firearms transactions, I thought that I should report it. As a responsible member of the firearms community, I want to protect my reputation and also protect the financial dealings of other GunBroker members and make sure that there isn’t someone using my credentials to make fraudulent deals. I have sent approximately 20 communications to GunBroker on this matter and have not gotten any assistance or response from them.

I will notify them by email that I reached out to IC3 today.

Jul 1, 2012
    If you know your gunbroker account number, you should be able to see your feedback at least without logging in using this:
    "https://www.gunbroker.com/a/feedback/profile/xxxxxx"
    where xxxxxx = your account number.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If you know your gunbroker account number, you should be able to see your feedback at least without logging in using this:
    "https://www.gunbroker.com/a/feedback/profile/xxxxxx"
    where xxxxxx = your account number.

I was hoping that there was a way I could check... not sure I have my account number, but I can go back through things to see if I can find it. Thanks.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Well... some progress. Apparently a mention of the FBI lit a fire under someone's back side. They have re-associated my GB account with my email so I was able to reset my password word. The account is still locked so I can't yet do anything with it, but at least I know it isn't in someone else's control. Looks like they locked it down very shortly after I started emailing them, so no damage was done (nobody was able to buy or sell things with my credentials). That's the important thing. Thanks to SoMD Mustangs for his assistance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom