• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Thank you!!!!!!!

Two FDE complete classic stealth lowers in the bag and your timing could not be better- or appreciated more!!!!!

(Have complete DelTon uppers on the way for $320 @ from Midsouth so, I’ll say complete “rough grade” rifles for $440 @ is a pretty dang good weekend ….. FVCK YOU BidenHarrisSchumerPelosi&Co, hahahahahaha!

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Will PSA even ship these to MD? They will shipped stripped lowers when ordered by an individual. From what I've seen complete lowers will need to be ordered by an FFL.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    They have to ship to a FFL. No problem placing and completing my order.

It's not that. They will only ship stripped lowers to MD residents from my experience and from others. Anything more than that, it will probably be cancelled unless something has changed recently from their policies. Let us know if it ships.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The FFL has to order it. Your older will most likely be cancelled. It tried with a complete 9mm lower.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012

rfawcs, I just wanna say a big THANK YOU! again; in addition to the DelTon uppers, after placing our order with PSA we rec’d an e-flyer from BattleHawkArmory with CMC 2.5 lb pull single stage drop-in trigger assemblies for $135 so, now we have some pretty dang nice (and no longer just “rough” or “rack” grade) all around rifles for just a tad above $600 with folding sights. Obviously, optics can double or triple that but, that will not likely be the case, at least not anytime “soon” … :lol2:

THANK YOU! :party29:

ETA with link to the CMC 2-1/2 lb trigger drop-ins: https://battlehawkarmory.com/produc...-10-single-stage-flat-2.50-lbs#product_detail

Last edited:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    That's a great deal for a complete lower from PSA. With that said, PSA is very careful with wording in part descriptions. The LPK, which is most likely the classic parts kit, is not mil spec and has rust issues. Keep them lubricated and do inspections often.

I'd also disassemble and make sure everything is assembled properly. They are notorious for bad QC. I just helped a friend with his when I could loosen the castle nut by hand. No staking either but from what I understand that is hit or miss too.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    ^Thats^ good to know and I imagine I’m getting around a few of those lower parts with use of the CMC 2-1/2lb single stage drop-in trigger assembly ….

Q - What parts are staked in any lower or, are you referring to a friend’s PSA upper or complete rifle? (I am slapping DelTon lightweight 16” uppers w 15” MLOK handguards on these PSA lowers …)

Hoping for a pair of really bantam weight all around beaters but, as is always the case, that’ll depend upon resisting the urge / reflex to attach crap aboard …

Attachments

• A0C4B9E8-1B9E-4747-8381-E71D04EB7C9B.jpeg
      A0C4B9E8-1B9E-4747-8381-E71D04EB7C9B.jpeg
      8.7 KB · Views: 196

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    ^Thats^ good to know and I imagine I’m getting around a few of those lower parts with use of the CMC 2-1/2lb single stage drop-in trigger assembly ….

Q - What parts are staked in any lower or, are you referring to a friend’s PSA upper or complete rifle? (I am slapping DelTon lightweight 16” uppers w 15” MLOK handguards on these PSA lowers …)

Hoping for a pair of really bantam weight all around beaters but, as is always the case, that’ll depend upon resisting the urge / reflex to attach crap aboard …

The castle nut is staked. It needs to be torqued to 38-42 ft/lb.

As for drop in triggers, I'd rather use the stock trigger from PSA. Cartridge type triggers have known issues and are not reliable. A better value option is Larue MBT.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    … A better value option is Larue MBT.

:thumbsup: I did not check LaRue’s website as Ive TRIED to give LaRue my $ numerous times now; and each time, they allow me to put products in my cart and literally COMPLETE THE SALE, only to send me an email later that day or (more often) the next telling me the item is (was all along) actually OOS and my $ has been placed in “back order” status. First time I thought “shame on thee” but, twice after that I realized “shame on ME.” :sad20: Last time was last winter and I haven’t gone back since

Shame as they do make a game changer of an assembly (and for half the price of “G” assemblies …)

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    :thumbsup: I did not check LaRue’s website as Ive TRIED to give LaRue my $ numerous times now; and each time, they allow me to put products in my cart and literally COMPLETE THE SALE, only to send me an email later that day or (more often) the next telling me the item is (was all along) actually OOS and my $ has been placed in “back order” status. First time I thought “shame on thee” but, twice after that I realized “shame on ME.” :sad20: Last time was last winter and I haven’t gone back since

Shame as they do make a game changer of an assembly (and for half the price of “G” assemblies …)

I had the same experience. I believe Fightmaster may carry them and are really good about inventory updates and shipping.

You may also want to look at the SOLGW fighting trigger. Both of mine came in at 4.5lbs without lube.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    That's a great deal for a complete lower from PSA. With that said, PSA is very careful with wording in part descriptions. The LPK, which is most likely the classic parts kit, is not mil spec and has rust issues. Keep them lubricated and do inspections often.

I'd also disassemble and make sure everything is assembled properly. They are notorious for bad QC. I just helped a friend with his when I could loosen the castle nut by hand. No staking either but from what I understand that is hit or miss too.

Good to know but it looks like it will be a big fail for me. Just waiting for the hammer to drop tomorrow. Oh well, another manufacturer crossed off the list.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I've guided people in ordering many PSA stripped lowers without a single issue to their local FFL, 6 lowers within just the last 3 months. They've all been surprisingly nice, especially the "stealth" ones I've come across (serialized, no logo).

I personally have ordered two complete HBAR uppers from them without issue.

I'm aware some folks have had issues but I don't know that it's happening with much consistency.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    I can order a stripped lower and the parts to make a complete lower from them, but I can't order a complete lower, because I live in Maryland. Lunacy.

I've built stripped lowers into complete lowers, I just don't care to do it again.

They'll do just dandy without my money.

I've guided people in ordering many PSA stripped lowers without a single issue to their local FFL, 6 lowers within just the last 3 months. They've all been surprisingly nice, especially the "stealth" ones I've come across (serialized, no logo).

I personally have ordered two complete HBAR uppers from them without issue.

I'm aware some folks have had issues but I don't know that it's happening with much consistency.

PSA is really weird about what they'll ship to MD unless an FFL with an account orders it- then they'll ship anything.

ETA- As stated above, they will ship stripped lowers to your FFL, but not completed lowers or complete AR's. An FFL with a PSA account has to order them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom