• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimNorth

May 4, 2018
    The Cloud
    Monday morning I listened to parts of some of the rebroadcasted Sunday talk shows. I heard an interview with Kansas City, MO Mayor Quinton Lucas on "Face the Nation," July 25, 2021. Here's the transcript: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transc...uinton-lucas-on-face-the-nation-july-25-2021/

He says, "most of our murders are committed by firearms." That seems to me to be the most ludicrous statement I've heard in a while but he also made several other assertions about firearms without providing references. I guess we're in an era in which politicians can say whatever they want without being challenged, neither by journalists nor the public.

I wish there were a way to hold politicians accountable along with the people, not firearms, who commit murders.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Strange . I thought most murders are committed by ..... Murderers . Sometimes using firearms , sometimes knives, blunt objects , hands , feet , ropes , cars , arson, automobiles , and etc, etc .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Visions of...

Attachments

• gun.png
      gun.png
      14.1 KB · Views: 357

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They should round up the murderous firearms and send them to re-education camps, then release them to foster homes inhabited by law abiding citizens.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    DAMN! I have some lazy fricken guns!

Only 2 of the spouted off yesterday, shooting about 120/150 or so clay targets.

The rest is sat on their fat butts doing nothing.

Did I buy faulty stuff? Should I return for warranty service?

Is smith-corona still replacing or repairing defective models? Is the ‘rona malfunctioning because it has the ‘rona?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Huh, another democrat-run city blames it's problems on inanimate objects.

He also blames Orange Man bad without saying so by name but wants Federal help solving their local crime problems. Who was it that told these people that if they didn't clean up their cities he'd send them .gov to help do so?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Huh, another democrat-run city blames it's problems on inanimate objects.

He also blames Orange Man bad without saying so by name but wants Federal help solving their local crime problems. Who was it that told these people that if they didn't clean up their cities he'd send them .gov to help do so?

They didn't actually want help, they just wanted the money.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Considering that MO is a constitutional carry state, this sounds like a pouty mayor who has failed his constituency in providing basic safety and Investigation services as paid for by their tax dollars. Clearly motivated by the "I've no responsibility for my own safety" crowd, he is playing to his audience....because nothing sounds so relieving as "it's not your fault"

"it's not you (or your poorly raised kids, or your neighbor, or your lack of commitment to a community)" creates votes. "You are a ****up and should do better makes people feel sad and make them vote differently"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom