• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    ONE Golden???

You have NO idea what having hair everywhere is like. Used to have TWO Akitas at a time. Now THAT is some hair.

Never had an issue with firearms and trust me, EVERYTHING in the house had hair. Heck, I had the carpet professionally deep cleaned after the last one was gone, and STILL get hair today.

With Akitas, you are lucky to get a year out of a vacuum cleaner though. :D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nobody's got time for that! Those sandwiches aren't going to make themselves.

Lol
    We had a Golden. The law was, first person home, which was usually my wife, had to vacuum the floors.
    I usually worked 10-12 hour days back then, so I got out of it.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    ONE Golden???

You have NO idea what having hair everywhere is like. Used to have TWO Akitas at a time. Now THAT is some hair.

Never had an issue with firearms and trust me, EVERYTHING in the house had hair. Heck, I had the carpet professionally deep cleaned after the last one was gone, and STILL get hair today.

With Akitas, you are lucky to get a year out of a vacuum cleaner though. :D

Yeah we only have the one. He will be 3 in December. I would love another but I don't think I could go through another puppy right now. Maybe when I retire in a few years. I would however consider a rescue or adoption of a 3+ year old. I love dogs.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When Akitas blow coat (twice per year) they can make a pile of hair, larger than the dog 3 - 4 times a day for a couple of weeks. OUTRAGEOUS amounts of hair. :)

But again, no issue with hair and firearms.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    The AR platform today is quite a robust and precision piece of equipment. I have dragged my military rifle through the deserts of Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Qatar, and the quite few other countries/climates. It needs to lubricated to function optimally and reduce wear. It doesn't require constant cleaning to be reliable, but it does need cleaning on occasion. Lubrication can attract materials that can lead to higher wear, but cleaning is also an inspection. An inspection is always wise on devices that can harm you and if you have rely you life on. I have five cats, two of the long hair variety and fur balls are everywhere is shouldn't be a problem.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    I'm laughing.....I breed and show English Labradors for almost 40 years. I burn through Dyson's like a banshee.

You think you have fur.....I fill up a plastic kitchen bag full of hair....this year is crazy.

AR hair is no issue but just run a patch with no existing fur attached to it.

Problem solved. It's now just part of the scheme of things here. No big deal. Carry on SEMPER Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom