• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Go with U.S. made optics you can’t go wrong there.

I like to support American manufacturers too, but not blindly.

I’ve got Nightforce and Leupold scopes made in USA as well as Steiner made in Germany and Burris and Vortex scopes made in the Philippines.

The Vortex Viper PST line is every bit as good as the Leupold VX-5 series and damn close to my VX6-HD.

i dont own a Razor but I’ve had the chance compare them side by side to my Nightforce and Steiner MX5i. They are equal in terms of quality.

The UH-1 the OP is talking about is a great Holo optic IMO. I’ve dropped mine and l dinged it up a but and its solid. It’s made way better then the competing Leupold Prism Tactical.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Go with U.S. made optics you can’t go wrong there.
    What American made red dot or Holographic sight do you recommend?

Vortex has been very open about the sourcing of the Razor UH-1 AMG (AMG = American Made Glass). According to them on the Gen 1 (I assume the Gen 2 is the same but haven’t checked), it is made in America except for the reticle, which comes from a British company.

PeteW

Feb 10, 2021
    Westminster
    Most Holo sights are going to be a little grainy. Try turning down the brightness. Also try dry firing and target acquisition with it, and see if it becomes clearer with the brightness down. If you still don't like it, return it if you can, and get something you like for that kind of money. If you don't need the NVG capability, try another brand, it may be clearer for you.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    OP if you want to compare to EOTech I have a couple, including a xps3-2 that is brand spanking new. I’m just over the bridge with my office on KI; pm me if you’d like.

FWIW, holos to me look exactly like you describe if I’m not actually using them (and as intended). But it is in the realm of possibility you received one with an issue (I doubt it, but possible). In the unlikely event you did, that is one nice thing about Vortex - their warranty is rock solid...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I can make it glare by turning up the intensity, but that’s not my issue. The reticle is made up of lots of small dots with lots of space between. Fir example the bottom of the outer circle is supposed to have a triangle. Mine doesn’t look like a triangle at any brightness level… just a blob.

Like mentioned above, I’m going to reserve judgment till I’ve had it out to the range and see how I do with it.

I’ll report back once I do. Will try to get out next Saturday

That's funny, in your pick, I see an inverted triangle(and pics of holographic sights don't necessarily do them justice). Maybe an eye problem?

Hope you get it figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom