• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Search function here is not so good, so I am asking.

What are my AK rifle options in Maryland?

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Anything not in 7.62x39, an AK pistol, a SBR.

Wait...wut? I can have an AK in 5.56x45mm/223 Rem, 5.45x39mm, etc.

I guess just chalk it up to "Maryland!"

OK, so, given that, I may as well go with 5.56 for ammo compatibility. Are any Arsenals allowed?

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Is there a link to where I can find the exact make and models allowed? Does the MDSP have a list of legal rifles somewhere?

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Honestly though if in Maryland I wouldn’t waste time or money on an AK platform. Maryland will ban all of them next legislative session. Not only that but find ammo to feed them will be a pain.

If it's in 5.56, then I should be fine until the ban :mad54:

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    You are going to put brass rounds through an AK platform? Interesting do tell me more….

Why wouldn't I use what I have in 5.56x45mm? Too many people have AK's built with cruddy parts and don't understand why performance suffers. You don't have to live with a 6 to 8 MOA AK.

Ammo was the bane of my other AK's; finding good ammo was always expensive and difficult. Going with quality ammo in 5.56x45mm makes a certain amount of sense if I want to squeeze out a bit more accuracy out of a gun with a good barrel.

bam-az

Nov 30, 2015
    If it's in 5.56, then I should be fine until the ban :mad54:

Hold on a second. I am under the impression things like a Saiga AK in 223/5.56 are banned. I left mine behind in AZ because of what I read on MDSP site. Anyone have documentation saying otherwise?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Am I missing something?

How/why is the OP quoting things that are not even in this thread?

Think that they were in the thread at some point. Poster who was quoted appears to have caught the ban hammer. Guessing that their posts may have been scrubbed. Even if the the original post is deleted, it does not remove the post content when quoted in other messages, IIRC. :shrug:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Think that they were in the thread at some point. Poster who was quoted appears to have caught the ban hammer. Guessing that their posts may have been scrubbed. Even if the the original post is deleted, it does not remove the post content when quoted in other messages, IIRC. :shrug:

You are correct, he was banned and scrubbed. Apparently another case of someone who was previously banned and eventually detected and banned again.

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    I believe soon in Maryland you will be able to get all of the AK's you could ever want. I heard that the AK ban is being overturned soon. Same goes for AR's.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I believe soon in Maryland you will be able to get all of the AK's you could ever want. I heard that the AK ban is being overturned soon. Same goes for AR's.

Oh ? Enlighten us please

Um, it's true... My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Frosh pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom