• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    And

You're a new member and I'm sure this wasn't posted with ill intent.
    Cliff's Notes...
    Fox Firearms was using the MDShooters classified ads to advertise their business' items for sale. They were told to stop or pay for Industry Partner (IP) status to advertise commercially here. Fox Firearms decided to file a lawsuit against MDShooters instead of doing what all the IP's here do- pay a modest fee to have a commercial presence on this forum.

They screwed people over by not following the 7 day wait period. My Pop had to wait eight months for his SR45 because the owner asshat had the power and refused to release per the law. The owner was a prick about it when confronted and treated people like crap. I think he tried to sue

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Haha

Constitutional used to be in the same exact location.

They seemed to do okay in the 2013 countdown to HQL-ageddon. They closed shortly before GunBunker(?) in Burtonsville.

I'm surprised <store that shall not be named> couldn't make a go of the current climate. Perhaps customer service ensured no repeat business?

I went into <unnamed> a few years ago due to morbid curiosity. Even then, they didn't seem to have much inventory.

Who knew parting would be such sweet enjoyment.

Shadenfreude is strong with you…me… and many others. :)

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I over looked Fox's dealings with MDS because I just bought from wherever I could get good prices.

That being said he lost me and I never spoke if them again when he bashed a hunting tournament and anyone who participated with little to no knowledge on the situation.

I am a gun owner but I am huge hunter and take that almost as seriously as gun rights so anyone that thinks hunting is wrong did not deserve my money.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In fairness , the situation in post #21 about early release was NOT unique to Fox . It was delibertly manipulated by the State on multiple levelsl , dynamically moving over time , and responses by retailers was approx evenly 1/3 , 1/3 , 1/3 .

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I mistakenly purchased a KelTek Sub2K Gen2 Glock Mag 9mm for $400, before I knew about the community blacklist.

To this day, this rifle is considered Tainted!

I would just be so ashamed if any members ever saw me using it at the range. I’ve relegated it to a potential SHTF bugout backup rifle use only.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I bought an R15 from fox's in 2013,before he started his BS, never did any business with them after that.
    As for the Gun Rack, I bought 3 used handguns from Alan in the spring and summer of 2013 and he released them after the 8 day wait. I thought that they were priced fair at the time. I had no issues dealing with Alan, but the heavy set guy that worked there was worthless. The dog was friendly too.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I bought an R15 from fox's in 2013,before he started his BS, never did any business with them after that.
    As for the Gun Rack, I bought 3 used handguns from Alan in the spring and summer of 2013 and he released them after the 8 day wait. I thought that they were priced fair at the time. I had no issues dealing with Alan, but the heavy set guy that worked there was worthless. The dog was friendly too.

Ah I miss Gun Rack there was a certain amount of fun surliness but they always good used stuff and you could usually wheel and deal a little with them.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I mistakenly purchased a KelTek Sub2K Gen2 Glock Mag 9mm for $400, before I knew about the community blacklist.

To this day, this rifle is considered Tainted!

I would just be so ashamed if any members ever saw me using it at the range. I’ve relegated it to a potential SHTF bugout backup rifle use only.

There's only 1 way to remove the mark of shame and restore balance to your Karma.

In! ;)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Did he offer Norton compensation for his lost time, travel and effort with his apology?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I am not speaking for the company, but for one employee. I bought my first handgun though them before I knew of the issues with MDS. When I was talking to the salesman (at a Timonium show) and trying to decide between 2 different models, I was commenting about the lack of handgun training local to where I lived. He gave me his number and told me that when I had decided on a gun to call him and he would meet me out at Hap Baker to help me learn how to use my gun properly. Sadly, I never took him up on it.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    On a side note to the other Gun Rack conversation. They were ungodly high priced and very unhelpful.

I remember way back when shopping for my first handgun and I started there. Got prices which seemed online with MSRP and then happened to find 2A Sales up the street and they were friendlier , more helpful and $100's cheaper. Never dealt with GR again and was not surprised when they folded.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    One's perceptions , vary widely with one's expectations and interests .

Competitive prices for newly manufactured, popular firearms ? I'll notice extremes on either end , but rarely is my focus .

Plentiful number of interesting Used guns , or unusual ,not commonly seen current production ? Gun Rack had plenty of both , enough for me to stop in whenever in that part of the world .

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Gun Rack was a go to for years. Like Biggfoot44 mentioned, he had more uncommon items that most shops and was a stocking HK dealer. I was sad to see him close up, but understood why he didn't want to put up with the FSA BS.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This was one of this community's finest moments when we bitch slapped this guy in open court with extreme prejudice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom