• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chriskat

Nov 1, 2009
    Took this ugly Ted Williams 100 to the range today. Bought it on Gunbroker a while ago, happened to still have two boxes of Sears 30-30 empty brass which I think is kind of cool.

Load is Lee C309-170-F boolit, about 10 BNH. Very mild load of 24 grains of IMR4895, 1550 fps. 100 yards from sand bags 2.9", pretty good for me.

KU7D11b.jpg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Somewhere I have an Unertal scope and quick detach side rail mounts for one of those 100's.
    It's either a hawk or falcon fixed 4 power, cant remember.
    One time I went to shoot these sika hinds and missed three times at the biggest one right after the other.
    I thought, wtf? When I walked over to look for blood and couldn't find any, I found where I hit the same sapling three times about 70 yds away lol.
    Dam thing didn't even run after I worked the lever after looking at the side of the rifle each time till the third shot.
    It was a good little gun to tramp thorough the marsh with, just right for size and power but those cross wires sure were thin near the pines.
    I can still hear the brass tumbling onto the stand.:lol2:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Short Answer - The Ted Williams M100 is a house branded Win M94 20 inch , with Rifle style fore end instead of Carbine style .

chriskat

Nov 1, 2009
    Boats, missing most of the bluing from the barrel and magazine tube. Plus some of the bluing from the receiver. Receiver is also pitted a little.

Mostly, though, because that's the way it was advertised on GB when I bought it; got a pretty good deal I think maybe that's why.

Shoots pretty good.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sears-branded guns were good guns. I have my dad's J.C. Higgins shotgun (made for Sears by High Standard) and the bluing and walnut on that gun is about as nice as you can find in a factory gun (so much better than what you find today!) Even with the "better" guns I have, I still find the Higgins my favorite to take to the field.

chriskat

Nov 1, 2009
    I have a Ted Williams 20 gauge that my Dad bought for me when I was a teenager. It's in much better shape cosmetically. The lever gun shoots pretty good though.

For some reason it makes me very happy that I have two of these Sears ammo boxes to go with the Ted Williams rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom